Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Legal stuff on narrowing?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PsychoticDeadGuy, Nov 30, 2005.

1. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

Well, i will be getting a yota within the next 2 weeks so the K5 will be getting alot of work, how legal or illegal is narrowing the front and rear of my k5. it wont be my DD anymore but will still want to drive it to school once and a while. i dont have a problem throwing flaps on it and stuff like that but want to know the legalities on it? can anyone help me out?

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

All depends on state regs. Someone from Cali would be able to help far more than I but MN requires "complete fender coverage of the tires". In laymans terms, I don't dare street my K5 unless I'm on a very short road to a trail.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeppers, depends on the state. Even if your state requires fender coverage though, there is no reason you couldn't have removable ones for the street....

j

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Get thee to the CVC and see for yourself. It can be handy to have potentially relevant sections printed out in your glovebox, should you be pulled over.

Note that proper attitude is also important when dealing with LEO's, particularly for 17 year old males. Ask me why I know this (I was your age once... :doah: )

-- A