Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lemme get this straight.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryan22re, Jul 29, 2006.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

So I haven't lived in Maryland for exactly 6 years. I have had a SC address and lived in SC for the last six years. But in the last two months, I have gotten summoned for jury duty twice. Once by federal court and once by Harford county for little piddly court. WTF? Let's just say that my parents hadn't gotten the mail and forwarded it to me. Then I could most likely have warrants out for my arrest in Maryland, right? That would suck. I mean I could easily get out of it, but it would take some explaining before they'd let me go.

I need to figure out how to contact these f'ers toget me off of the list. Do I need to unregister to vote or something?

2. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure how it works out there or here for that matter but I was called for jury duty once maybe 10 years ago. I was out on the road on the other side of the country so I just ignored it. I haven't heard anything about it since.

Andy

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Don't know about the Federal part, but being a resident of another state should exclude you. In Kalifornia just moving to another county excludes you. Call them up and tell tham that you have not lived in their state for 6 years. See what they do then.

4. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

I have. I returned the Federal one two months ago, with my new address and all that jazz. I just sent out the Local court one today. Being a resident of a different state does exclude me, but I'd rather not keep getting summoned for jury duty in a state I don't reside.

5. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Just call them up and have them take your name out of the pool, it shouldnt be too hard. I got called twice, already but I was in school both times. Called them the second time and said I was in college, and they took my name out of the pool for 4 years.