Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lemme hear good experiences with places to buy brake lines from

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88K5Jimmy, May 5, 2003.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Need to buy some extended brake lines. Here are the specs:

10 bolt front
    14bsf rear
    6" lift
    36" tires

What lengths, brands and places do you guys recommend to buy from? I did a search and got useful info which led me to the conclusion I don't want to piece my brakeline system together. I want to buy all three at once from one place.

Thanks

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

http://www.offcamber4x4.com/
    this guy is good and seems to be very good with all the gm truck stuff /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i got my procomp stainless ones from 4wpw... works for me.

j

5. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got Skyjacker fronts and made a stadoff braket for the rear so I could use the stock rubber one.

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I got my procomp stainless extended lines from Steve- (offcamber)..they were $6.00 more than summitt- but supporting this site was worth the 6 bucks.

I got my complete pre-bent/flared set of hard lines from In-Line tube- I think they were 190 or something like that...I can't really remember.....

Brake lines SUCK regardless of where you get them...NEVER EVER EVER will I replace complete lines again in my LIFE!

Brandy

7. indiana88

indiana88 1/2 ton status

I ordered mine from Rough Country where I got my lift. I got the front two in three days, and it took about 5 weeks for the rear! Not only that, they're Superlift lines! I guess what I am saying, is don't but them from Rough Country

8. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I got the front two in three days, and it took about 5 weeks for the rear

[/ QUOTE ]

Got mine from all 3 of them in the same package- in 8 days- not to shabby considering I'm across the country from the place they shipped from.....

I say if it's a part you can buy from offcamber- and it's only a few bucks more than anyplace else- support the site...

Brandy

9. indiana88

indiana88 1/2 ton status

I will certainly buy from offcamber in the future, but I was a new member and never even heard of them at the time.

10. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

didnt mean to point you out- was making the point that my experience was top notch with both places I bought my lines from........

I'm sure Steve appreciates the continued support of off-camber

Brandy

11. indiana88

indiana88 1/2 ton status

No prob, didn't mean to sound like I thought you were. I wish I had known! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am running the Napa rubber lines on mine. They are about 6" over stock I think. I forget the part number offhand. Do a search and you will find the number. They are great because they are only $15 each compared to the SS lines. I personally had the Superlift 6" extended lines explode at the upper fitting, and I will never run them again.

Also, the Napa lines are lifetime guarantee.

13. wadinator

wadinator 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am running the Napa rubber lines on mine. They are about 6" over stock I think. I forget the part number offhand. Do a search and you will find the number. They are great because they are only $15 each compared to the SS lines. I personally had the Superlift 6" extended lines explode at the upper fitting, and I will never run them again.

Also, the Napa lines are lifetime guarantee.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of vehicle are those rubber lines for? I guess what I really wanna know is what kind of vehicle do I tell Napa I have to get a set? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I got some lines from Heckelthorn (sp?) Offroad. They are 6" Superlift hoses. Rubber w/ a metal spring looking thing covering them. They were like 35 bucks for a set...way cheaper than the stainless ones from anywhere else that I found.

15. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Tell them you need part number #38872 the application is acutally a 1 ton Chevy pickup from 89-00 or something like that. They fit perfectly with a 10 bolt front and D60 fronts, but I hear they need a little modification to fit D44's.

16. wadinator

wadinator 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They fit perfectly with a 10 bolt front and D60 fronts

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good except I'm looking to use them on a drum-to-disc conversion on a ff14b rear. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

17. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Why do you want long lines for that? I have a part number for some nice short ones that fit great on my conversion. I'll find it if you're interested. </font>

18. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

19. wadinator

wadinator 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> Why do you want long lines for that? I have a part number for some nice short ones that fit great on my conversion. I'll find it if you're interested. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't done the conversion before, so I guess I don't quite have it all "visualized" correctly. But if you got a part number for brake lines that will work, by all means - please share it with me.

Thanks Shags! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Raybestos part number is BH38648 and BH38647. There is a left and right side, but either will work for either side. The only difference is a really minor offset on the hole in the banjo fitting. They are real short, 8" long overall, have the banjo on one end and a 3/16" female flare on the other. The banjo fits in my D44 calipers perfectly.

These might not be an ideal setup for a later metric caliper with the smaller banjo bolt, so specify a pre-80 application when you buy the calipers. I'm also not positive if the Caddy calipers use the same fitting, maybe someone else can clarify that.

The zip ties in this pic were a temporary solution, but you get the idea...

[​IMG]
    </font>