Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

length difference???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ol_grayfeather, Oct 21, 2002.

1. ol_grayfeather

ol_grayfeather Registered Member

Jan 15, 2001
    Anyone know the difference between a th350/NP203 and a 700-r4/NP208? Would like to take the 700-r4/208 out of my blazer and put it in my '75 truck.
    Also isnt there something I'll have to get to have the lock up tourque converter to work right???

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

May 31, 2000
    I don't know the exact lentghs of either setup, but you can do the swap fairly easily. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif When I went from 350/203 to 400/205 I just had to drill 4 new holes in the frame for the new crossmember location. Then you'll need to have the rear driveshaft "adjusted" to fit. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif The front one that's on the Blazer now should bolt right up once you move the 700R4/208 to the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif B&M makes a kit to operate the 700R4 lock up torque converter in a non-stock application. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif