Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Length from centerline on axle tube to u-joint on 14B and 10B

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Fubeca, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know or have the ability to measure the length from the center of the axle tube to the face of the pinion yoke on a 10bolt and on a 14 bolt(FF)? I have done a search but am having a hard time finding this info /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. The driveshaft guy is telling me I need to shorten my driveshaft and I don't have the 10 bolt anymore to see what the difference is.
    Thanks

2. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Not sure about the 10 bolt... If I remember correctly, its the same as the 12 bolt. When I swapped, I dont think I did anything to my driveshaft. Anyways, here is a comparison shot of a 14FF and a 12 bolt with a tape.

[​IMG]
    14FF
    [​IMG]
    12B

Mike

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

When I went from 10 bolt to 14 bolt I did nothing to my driveshaft. (700R4/208/10bolt) The pinion of the 14bff is closer to the tcase output, but not by a huge amount. My stock driveshaft worked fine. (2.5" lift) I did notice some more vibs in the driveline. Partially due to the pinion angle being a litte more off due to the closer snout, and partly because the 14bff gave me a little more lift. (.5" or so)

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I measured up my 12B & 14BFF recently from axle centerline to u-joint centerline to get a guestimate on any driveshaft issues that I might have after the swap. Using a couple of straight edges, a tape measure and my calibrated eye( /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif) I came up with about 13/16 difference, the 14BFF being longer of course. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys