Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LEO advice needed.....what should I do..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Feb 7, 2007.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Have a problem here...maybe someone has some experience with this,I need advice..this is a bit long--those who dont care to read it all,can move to the next post now!:crazy:

I had a "friend" many years ago,who I have not been in touch with much since my 20's..(I'm 48 now)..every few years he calls me,and wants me to help him work on something,or do some other deeds...I don't really like him,he was a "friend of a friend" and I don't know him all that well,since I have not spent a lot of time with him--..but I do know this--he's always been in trouble--drugs,violence,and scams involving the eldery,bilking them out of money for home repair,and anything else he can get away with..I never trusted him,and always felt uneasy when I was with him..therefore I spent as little time with him as possible..

Last time I dealt with him was 3-4 years ago,at least--probably longer..he was WAY different than before--he'd called me,wanted my to fix his RV..

I learned he was using heroin,and when I found out,then I knew why he was acting so weird!---I told him to stay the hell away from me and my house--he got into road rage incidents,lashed out at parts store clerks when we went to buy parts for his vehicle,and I think he's a freakin phsycopath!--I would not doubt he's capable of murder!..(I've seen him show a gun ,a 9mm, to someone who threatened him while I was with him!--guess he owed them money or screwed them over somehow)..

So I couldn't break my ties with him fast enough after that!..:eek1: ..kinda scared me,seeing how much someone you thought you knew could change,while on drugs!..I didn't hear from him for months,and was glad I didn't..

Then,he showed up here 9 months later out of the blue,saying he was "clean" and sorry for his actions,blaming the dope...I didn't believe him,he's a compulsive liar,and will say anything to get his way..I again told him to get lost,and stay lost!..I could write a book here of all the bad situations he's put me in over the years,and I was an idiot not to tell him to get lost for GOOD long ago..I bet he's still "using"...:mad:

Well,the past years since I saw him last I've heard nothing from him,and was glad of it..except for one call my mother answered from him last year,he had no contact with me--he wanted to tell me he'd moved to a town not far from his old one (not far enough to suit me unfortunately,about 30-40 miles away,only a half hour ride away)...I thought maybe I was finally rid of him,or maybe he got thrown in jail or something..(that's where he belongs in my opinion,there or a mental institution)..no contact since..

Well,sunday night at suppertime my phone rings..guess who?..yup--just who I never wanted to ever hear from again..:doah: --as soon as I was sure it was him,I said "goodbye" and hung up on him..haven't had any more calls-YET!--I'm sure he will start in again,harrassing me and my elderly mother..

I have no clue what he wants,and think he's pretty dumb to think I'd ever want to assosiate with him again..must be desparate to be calling me,knowing I don't want to ever deal with him again..but he seems to think I'll just forget everything bad I went through because of him--I WONT!.

I turned the other cheek far too many times already,and he never failed to show he's incapable of being trustworthy..so I'm DONE f***ing around,this time I'm not going to let him harrass us anymore..

Now I'm afraid to leave the house,fearing he'll show up while I'm gone,and try to get my mother to let him in the house,etc..she's well aware of his antics,and will call the cops if she sees him around here,but she's 79,hard of hearing,and isn't always aware of her surroundings or whats going on outside,etc..an easy target for an addict to rob ,and possibly worse!.

Now my question..should I go for a restraining order NOW,or just wait,and hope he got the message and stays away and does not call again??..how do I go about getting one?..and will it actually HELP,or will doing this just piss him off,and make him more determined to keep it up?--or worse??...I wish there were some way to find out if he's been in jail lately,or arrested...he's probably looking for a place to hide or something,or money for dope..I'll call the cops if I see him around my property instantly..

Wish I could just move away from here...like the farking cold isn't bad enough to deal with--now I have this ghost from my past haunting me...Why do people have to be a$$holes anyway??...I was hoping I heard the last from this scumbag,but I guess he likes terrorizing people..:mad:

Any advice??..and no,I don't own a gun!..or an FID card..wish I did now!..
    I hate being stalked,and won't stand for this...:doah:

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Restraining order, just go down to the courthouse and more than likely the court clerk's office. If not, they should be able to tell you where to go. Then you'll probably fill out some paperwork, detailing the why's and what for's and some judges hand them out like candy at election time.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Definetly the way to go, that makes it so much worse for him if he does decide to come near you, your property or your mother...

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

All the more reason to be a gun owner...............

5. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

and user...

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

and practice with it !

7. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

x3 - In most areas, he'll have to be served for it to be enforceable. The history you have will certainly support the issuance of one.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Yes, that is true and reality being reality, a piece of paper isn't going to stop someone who is committed to doing something...............................

9. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Care to try explaining that logic to the people that post the "no concealed weapons" signs?

Armed bad guy isn't gonna turn around because of a sign ;)

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

11. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Yeah, that was a little off-topic :(

Still coming off a tirade on another forum. :doah:

12. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

I say a big mean or mean looking dog. I really can't ssee how a gun would help unless yor mother is willing to use it when your not home and it sounds from your post, she can be confused at times. I guess the type or the temperment of a dog really depends on your situation. If you have kids around or lots of people in your neborhood vicious dog or a dog that can't be trusted may be a bad idea.

I have a rotweiller that is treated as part of the family and is good with all children. He has never shown any real agression. I have no fear of him attacking or hurting anybody. He's got a docked tail so unless your up close you can't see it's waging. Anybody who doesn't know me doesn't come on my property because he is visible, barks and looks mean. If I saw him and didn't know him I wouldn't enter the property. If someone was brave enough to come close to find out he's friendly, he would jump on them and scare them off then. With this dog I have no fear of theft.

As far as I can see it this woud be the perfect solution as long as you like dogs. Also I believe this sort of dog needs a lot of training, attention and excercise for him to have this type of temperment.

I have mo problem with a dog that will attack either but there is a ton of responsibility there.

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Same here. Of course, this always has the good makings for a hijack. There should really be conversation occurring as to what kind of home defense this citizen needs.:D

14. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

no dogs...

We have 2 "indoor" cats,and about 15 outdoor feral strays we have "adopted" and had neutered ,so owning a dog isn't really feasable..I wouldn't mind having one,but cant afford another mouth to feed!..it would be an asset to have a dog around,they know when someone unwanted is snooping around long before you would!..

I'm going to sit on this for awhile I guess..if he does call here again,I'm not going to hang up so hastily,and tell him for the last time I don't ever want to hear from him,nor see him pull in my yard,or come to my house again!...and tell him I'll be getting a restraining order if he keeps harassing us..getting him served with one now might just enrage him,and make things worse..I'd like to find out why he's calling before jumping the gun so to speak..

I should have waited to find out WHY he was calling before I hung up..maybe it was just something stupid he wanted to ask me,like a favor--(like using my warm garage,since its 10 degrees out),then I thought maybe one of his parents passed away or something,and he wanted to let me know..(haven't seen any obits online though)..maybe he was calling me from jail???!..(that would have been a relief!)..

But most likely he's in need of a place to hide from someone (or the law!),or wants to see if he can get something for nothing,or needs a place to stay because everyone he's screwed over wants him gone,or see what we have worth robbing to sell for money,or has some scam he wants me to participate in,etc....

I doubt he's changed..I would not be suprised if he has been keeping tabs on me and my mom,caseing the place and is just waiting to make his move,like a vulture circling--he knows my mom is ill,and home alone when I'm away..Unfortunately I do not know what he has for vehicles now,so I can't "watch" for them--bet he knows what I'm driving though..

I'll keep the phone handy, and have 911 on speed dial, just in case he is dumb enough to show his face around here again..

I don't have a gun,don't really like them..but I can get a bow and arrow,or a crossbow!..they are a lot quieter..worked for the Duke boys!..but I'd rather let the proper authourities handle this..I don't like taking the law into my own hands,unless my life is in imminent danger..I'd probably get in more trouble defending myself,than he would for tresspassing,with my luck..:doah:

Thanks for the advice Bubba Ray!..hope I don't have to use it..wish me luck guys..now,where did I put my ulcer medication??..:doah:like I haven't got enough troubles here,dealing with my sick mother and the weather,with no job or $$$$$$$.... the last thing I needed was to hear from this goon
    again...:(

15. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

The law is always in your hands. The duties to uphold and enforce laws are discharged to police for the convenience of the population. Nearly every state has statutes supporting a citizen's arrest. In KS, for instance, use of force law and citizen's arrest law meld decently enough to say that any citizen is authorized to use the same force the a prudent officer of the law would in apprehending a criminal.

However, there is a lot of liability for wrongful arrest (in the least) with citizen's arrest. I think trespassing, B&E, and assault is pretty cut and dry, though.

I don't support "vigilante" justice; however, if you are witness to a crime, at the minimum your responsibilities include being a good witness and retaining as many facts as possible.