Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LESS than 1 year old Edel. Q-Jet and....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by high&liftedup, Dec 8, 2002.

1. high&liftedup

high&liftedup Registered Member

I have a new 350 crate motor with a (less than 1 year old) 1901 Edelb. Q-Jet.... My motor was shutting off for no reason... I found out that the choke assembly was closing while I was running so... I tied it open... I ran it all day today and NOW it seems the carb is flooding out??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifIt doesn'y start and I smell gas !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif ANYONE have this problem on a Edelb Q-Jet???
    2) If I have to I will return this and get something else....ANY comments on the HOLLY truck avenger carb???

Thanks for any help..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

I've never had any experience with an edelbrock q-jet. I had a 82 silverado with a 350 in it and I swapped out the factory q-jet for the edelbrock 600 cfm square bore carb. I had to use a Mr. Gasket adaptor for the factory intake and mine was a manual choke model. I had planned to add the electric choke kit but I never needed it even with temps in the teens and below. Just pumped a few times and feathered the throttle for a minute or 2 and it would do great. I'd try to swap out your q jet for the square bores. They make some good power and get good mileage to if you keep your foot out of it.

3. Doug M

Doug M Registered Member

Don't know about divorced chokes. If it uses a bi-metal junction that is part of the carb then exercise your warranty. There are people (myself included) who are more than satisfied with these Eddie Q-jets.