Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

let me introduce myself

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by Mad-Dog, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Mad-Dog

Mad-Dog 1/2 ton status

I'm not new to the garage forum but new here so i wanted to tell y'all a little about myself.

My CB handle is "mad-dog" in the trucking industry and i have been truckin since the early eighties and I'm very into
    RF communications as a lot of you here are also.

My personal favorites are a old black face Ranger 2950 (slightly modified) with a RK-56 mic. and a Cobra 29LTD (receive only) my newest addition being a Icom 706-MKIIG HF rig with a DTMF mic.

The truck ('05 KW W900L) looks like a mobile antenna farm..12 and 80 meter ham sticks, Diamond triband VHF, Scanner, TV,XM, FM, GPS, Quallcom and 2 top-loaded CB antennas.

The CB antennas are not co-phased, i use the Ranger and Cobra plus the scanner in California when I'm on I-5 north of the grapevine.

I'm also a licensed technician "KG4LBD" and enjoy limited activity with local nets various repeater groups around the country.
    Anyay i will stop in now and then to see what's happening here...take care

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Welcome to the forum. I'm a free bander. I currently run a President Lincoln 10 meter rig converted for 11 meter. I don't key up out of 11 meter, but I do sit in the bushes from time to time. I dream of a ICOM IC-7800 for my living room. If you ever pass by Rapid City, SD. you can usely catch me on the lower side of 27.3850 .[​IMG]

3. basketcase

basketcase Registered Member

Hey Mad Dog, I go by basketcase out on the road too. I'm a flatbed owner operator out of Buffalo. I run a 99 freightliner classic with a modified uniden pc76xl that i've been running for years. it swings about 40 watts barefoot and has a reverb and upper and lower channels added by erie cb in erie, pa. Actually a good shop, have test equipment and he knows how to use it. I used to run a bct7 scanner until it was taken in ky by a state trooper. oops, it alerted while he was standing at my window. I also run xm radio and after 18mos i would be lost without it. when the bs gets going i just turn off sesame street and crank up the xm. my truck is bright yellow and leased to path truck lines, you'll usually find me somewhere near the east coast, if you see me say hi!

4. Mad-Dog

Mad-Dog 1/2 ton status

ten-4 neighbor...Icom makes some good stuff..

5. Mad-Dog

Mad-Dog 1/2 ton status

Ya gotta get your tech no-code license...and turn the mute button on man.

I don't run the East side north of Atlanta but maybe i'll run into ya someday...keep on truckin....woop, woop

6. basketcase

basketcase Registered Member

used to shut the thing off, but was caught dodging a scale and just forgot, oops!