Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Let me introduce myself.....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by blazer88k5, Aug 27, 2002.

1. blazer88k5

blazer88k5 1/2 ton status

Hey Guys,(and gals) New CK5 member, and just sent my check off today for Nor-Cal Big Dawgs!! .... My name is Randy I am from Gustine (just south of Modesto) I have an 88 k5 blazer (hence my ID) pics at photos.yahoo.com/randy266h Stock for now, 350. I just got new eagle 589's 15x10's and going to put 33's BFG MT Tires on next week. Then order a rough country 4" lift.

I am 28 (29 in oct) I am a manager at Raleys in Pleasanton, the blazer does not commute!! I have a 97 Acheiva that is MUCH better on gas! LOL.

I am new to 4x4's I have basic mechanical skills ( minor repairs and tune-ups) I still would like to learn more about my rig... so if anyone would like to adopt me and help me learn to to upgrades and repairs I would be grateful!! Right now I have a leak somewhere around my tranny??? I don't want to take it to a shop if I don't have to, My next idea is "CHILTON!!" but I don't want to get to far into it and BREAK it LOL. If anyone is getting ready to do this on their Blazer I would love to come over and watch. Or if anyone would like to give me a hand....Not do it for me, but help me learn I can offer Pizza and Beer (or in Chaz's case Kool aid!) Just kidding Chaz.. Hey Bud.. I read all about you, sorry for all the cr@p.. I feel like I know you now.... and bro I am 28 and had all kinds of cr@p growning up..went into the hospital at age 12 for a tumor..(in my head!!) then again 2 years later.. had a 6 hour surgery.. man I know how you feel! but keep your chin up!!

All right guys.. I am going to exit now..... hope to meet everyone soon!! Take care and thanks for Letting a Green 4 wheeler in your club!!!

C-ya

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

welcome to ck5 and welcome to nor cal big dawgs!...hope ya enjoy your stay! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Your the guy that emailed me ...I think..And welcome.. Since you have been reading the posts you already now we have a great group of guys.... And gals.. Is your leak coming from the tranny ir T-case???

4. blazer88k5

Yes I was the one that emailed you. The leak looks like it is coming from the t case and spraying back....my whole undercarrige from the tranny and t case bask is coated with fluid. Not alot of drip when sitting.

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

OK you have a NP 208 t-case.. It has a slip yoke in it.. You can go to a Napa dealer and ask for a slip yoke gasket for the 208.. You just take the driveline out..It just slips out of the T-case after you take it off at the axle.. And you will see the gasket.. Just pop that one out and pop the new one in... And will you got it out.. It is a good idea to replace the U-Joints if you haven't done it in a while..Dan

6. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Wow! Nice lookin truck /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Clean. And REALLY nice lookin Kimber. Those are some of the best made handguns you can get. They make some really nice rifles too. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. blazer88k5

Thanks Dan.. you amke it sound so easy I think I will give it a try it on my days off. I will keep you posted.. thanks!!!

8. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Welcome to CK5 and the Big Dawgs. We are pretty active with club runs and such up here. Whenever your ready to tag along your more than welcome. Or if you feel a run we're going on is more than your rig can handle just ask someone if you can ride shotgun.

David

9. blazer88k5

KidJethro, thanx for the compliment... you shoot?? If you ever want to go let me know.... I also have a Ruger P94 40 Cal.

10. blazer88k5

Gold Rush , Thanks for the invite.. I will take you up on it!! I cant wait.... But I think I need to get that leak fixed first!! LOL

11. Zeus33rd

Your welcome dude. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif And yeah, I'm a gun nut too. I've got a Glock 22 40 cal. Love it! Now you might laugh, but my dream gun is the Desert Eagle in .50AE. Bad ass. Kinda impracticle, but cool as hell. Also like to have one of the Casull revolvers in 454 Casull. Those ARE the best made revolver you can buy. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Hey, You free on the 21-22 of next month? You should ride with one of us on the Rubicon run we're doin. The more the merrier! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

12. blazer88k5

I will put in for those days off... Pencil me in.. I will know more in a week or so!
    A buddy of mine has the D.E. 50cal. Mean a$$ gun!! LOL.

13. Zeus33rd

Right on dude. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Go make a reply in this post and you'll be added. WaaaaaaHOOOOOOOO!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

On your leak, when your checking the transfer case, check the rear housing of the case also. I put in a new output seal and still had the leak, had to pull of the rear housing and reseal it.

15. BlazenHeart

BlazenHeart 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the NCBD's and good luck with getting ride of that leak, I have dealt with more than my far share.

16. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

So it only took 3.5 days for you to be ORANGE? Not to bad.
    As for you trany or t-case leak check all of the bolts. It sounds like the seal on the slip yoke. Be careful when pulling it out so you don't dent the lip of the T-case. And when putting in the new one TAP it in evenly. There is a reinforcing ring in the seal you don't want to bend. Also check the 4 main bolts where the t-case bolts up to the adaptor. Mine worked there way loose after 18yrs. to the point of being FINGER tight. I'm lucky that there wasn't any major damage...WELCOME ABORD /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. blazer88k5

KidJethro, I read the post about Rubicon... my rig is NOT ready to do that, I'll have the lift and tires on by then but everything else is STOCK!! But I see me getting lots of new stuff in the upcoming months. No more new guns for me... all my extra $$ will be going into my K5!!!!LOL, I think I caught the "BUG"!! If you know anyone that I can ride with that would be cool.

Late, Randy

18. blazer88k5

Bubba Ray, Thanks for the tips!!!
    Kim, I clicked on your 90K5 but nothing there??Whats up with that?? LOL
    Ken, Yup ... from blue to orange in 3.5!!LOL Now only if I could get ready for that Rubicon trip that fast!! With all the info on my leak I think I am ready to give it a try.....cross your fingers that my next post isn't "OOPPS!! I think I did something wrong....." LOL Thanks again.

If anyone wants to take a "new guy" along on the Rubicon next month let me know /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

19. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

welcome aboard i live in escalon and burt lives in salida and yellowmoon lives in modesto. lookforward to wheelin with you

20. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the hood!
    Bill