Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

let say for a minute someone were to....

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by MudNurI, Feb 19, 2003.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

find out the chat password- yes even after it has just been changed...and enter the chat room....while they are BLUE...We have a member here, who believes they should reap in the benefits of a paid member without paying...said blue member was in chat last night and also today. Said member causes paying orange members to not want to use the chat room, or use the room with said "idiot" (done being nice) on ignore...if said idiot happens to be removed from ignore...paying orange members can not follow a conversation because said idiot has overrun the screen with complete nonsense.

Steve, a suggestion if I may.. is there ANYWAY you can make the chat room accesable by our username/password instead of being able to pick the name....I like being able to pick the name- as it adds to our chats, but if this will keep said idiot out...I'm all for being stuck as mudnuri while I'm chattin...

I know you were very busy today- but thought this was important. Should you wish to know the idiot's username, I'd be more than happy to pm you (steve)

thanks
    Brandy

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

If it's the same idiot from the other night, BAN HIM!!!!!

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If it's the same idiot from the other night, BAN HIM!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

yes bubba- it is, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night, and then today- during the day....

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    find out the chat password- yes even after it has just been changed...and enter the chat room....while they are BLUE...We have a member here, who believes they should reap in the benefits of a paid member without paying...said blue member was in chat last night and also today. Said member causes paying orange members to not want to use the chat room, or use the room with said "idiot" (done being nice) on ignore...if said idiot happens to be removed from ignore...paying orange members can not follow a conversation because said idiot has overrun the screen with complete nonsense.

Steve, a suggestion if I may.. is there ANYWAY you can make the chat room accesable by our username/password instead of being able to pick the name....I like being able to pick the name- as it adds to our chats, but if this will keep said idiot out...I'm all for being stuck as mudnuri while I'm chattin...

I know you were very busy today- but thought this was important. Should you wish to know the idiot's username, I'd be more than happy to pm you (steve)

thanks
    Brandy

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes, I plan on makeing the chat room auto activate just like the gallery does but have a few other things to do as well, what was said users name?

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

86k1500 whatever- Im missing some of it...and bubba has the other guys name....it has a bunch of numbers in it...

BUBBA WHATS THE OTHER NAME?

Brandy

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

its 1015 PM EST Wednesday- sure enough..... nobody around who can do that fancy thing where they capture the screen and post it...........

Brandy

7. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I know the Username from the other blue member from the other night. If you want it shoot me a PM, he has been a pest to the other members on the site also.

8. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Steve, how hard would it be to have the link to the chat room in the bloody knuckle only? It seems that way it would make it a lot harder for the blue members to get into the chatroom.

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Steve, how hard would it be to have the link to the chat room in the bloody knuckle only? It seems that way it would make it a lot harder for the blue members to get into the chatroom.

[/ QUOTE ]
    now that is a awesome idea /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I could be mistaken, but that would just be a link (i.e. URL to the chatroom). If said person is getting the "password" from someone, they could also get the URL. I would also suggest some punitive action for the member who is "leaking" the info......

Just my .02

11. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I think if it was set up to only allow actual orange user names with the same password as we have for the forums- NOBODY could get in that was blue- of course- unless they knew an orange name and password...

sucks that they could ruin chat like they do!

Brandy

12. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Hey steve, just do this, quite a few of us use the chat and like it, so make about 10 of us chat moderators and we can damn sure bet this clown wont try it anymore. we can send him packin. ill volunteer first /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I was really excited to become a member and be able to use the CHAT... I have only been ORANGE a week or so and have been to the chat room 4 or 5 times but have never seen anyone else in there? Am I not doing something right or are there certain times that there are more people in the chat room or what?
    Thanks

14. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Evenings and weekends are busiest. Sometimes someone will post up that they are in the chat...

Rene

15. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    86k1500 whatever- Im missing some of it...and bubba has the other guys name....it has a bunch of numbers in it...

BUBBA WHATS THE OTHER NAME?

Brandy

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok i havent been in the Chat room since Mudhog had PMed me about being in ther ANd i do belive that You started to try this on A parkin brake Post in the Garage and i have other members sayin that it wasnt ME in their and yes they are ORANGE so thanks for trying some bullSh*t agin While i havent been in the chat since Last week So thanks for trying MUDNURL Yeah your wrong agin just cuz you try in other Topics to start some crap that aint true about me! Go read the Parking Brake post in Garage /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

16. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

I thought this was a K5 chat room and you would be talkin about Trucks and truck related stuff in the chat room. When i was in thier i didnt know it it was members only b/c nobody said that till MudHog told me. While when i was in their the chat was Way off from trucks and repairin stuff so when i started a topic about trucks and who went offroading on the weekend you Got pissed at me so I got out and back in as Zombieoffroad and tryed to join in yalls Topic and you said leave so i got back in as my username and some other members started talkin about my Topic on TRUCKs and you got Pissed off at me and have been since then. You do remeber this is a site about Trucks right? not XXX site /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif Im glade i have Friends that are paying members and read almost all the topics on this site, otherwise your lies would have gone unnoticed to me. I cant wait till my tax return gets in cuz then ill be a ORANGE member and then i can talk about /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifs in the chat room.

17. tRustyK5

Chat is almost never about trucks...get over it. If you wanna talk trucks you got the whole rest of the site.

Rene

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

His idea of talking trucks was this......
    NOTE: This is just a paraphrase of the incident of which I was unfortunately a witness of, but there are enough witnesses to the fact to agree that the "spirit" is there.

89K1500: Yo, word fly, I hopped that curb
    Another circus clown, we believe to be 87sp465Ihavepicsofmyjohnson:Word yo, wheeling bang boom 10 bolt went
    89K1500:I wasn't suppose to be there homes
    Another circus clown, we believe to be 87sp465Ihavepicsofmyjohnson:Yo Yo Yo my 10 bolt went bang boom
    89K1500: bang boom that's fly bra
    Another circus clown, we believe to be 87sp465Ihavepicsofmyjohnson:we weren't suppose to be there cause it's private
    89K1500:Bang boom

Hopefully you get the jest of the chat of which they hijacked. It was reading like an audition for the Pee Wee Yo MTV Raps show.

19. tRustyK5

Didn't someone snag a screenshot of these ass-clowns?

Rene

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Unfortunately, I failed to realize the magnitude of the situation at the time, so I did not screenshot so if anyone is to blame, please direct all hostility towards me. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif