Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Let the D60 spending begin!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Nov 7, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Brought my D60 home yesterday, all $200 worth ( /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) then today I already dropped $300 on it. Next week when the Bluetorch guys get back from SEMA I will drop about $100 and then in spring comes gears, lockers, 35 splines. But yeah I ordered my ORD High Steer and Crossover arms today. Figured I might as well just go all the way since my stock tie rod is bent.

2. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

how did you get luck enough to find a D60 for 200 I thought I was lucky with 800

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I was just extremely lucky /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Junkyard buy too. The girl at the junkyard quoted me $350 for a normal front axle then said for me $200 since I know here from my work. She forgot it was a D60 though, she says she got yelled at but hey it happens. I told her she created an urban legend of the $200 D60.

4. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Dont worry you will have at least a 1200 more in to it buy the time you replace every thing and do the 35 spline convertion. It coast me write at 1200 for the convertion detroit locker and all new barrings seels kinng pins. Ijust abought replaced every thing. except gesr I kept the 4:10 but only becuse Im planning on using a dubler. the chepst I found the 35splines for was 59 for the spicer stubs.

5. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep, CHAAAAAAAACHING $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Spend some money on speeling lasins /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

I think I do dam good for useing a cell phone to post with.