Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LET THERE BE LIGHT !!! Finally hooked up (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by 4xcrazy, Apr 18, 2004.

1. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Just some pics after all the wiring and job completed for now, still a few minor details to fix and correct, but they work !! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 switches for the light bar, and the oddball switch for the two 150 watt lights on the front bumper.
    [​IMG]

The pictures are not doing these any justice, they are quite bright, especially the ones i swapped in 100 watt bulbs into. There are also 5 rear facing and 2 side lights.

Total of 1205 watts on this bar itself.

Anybody need a ballpark or court lit for the night? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

(((UPDATE)))
    I got the front bumper lights hooked up the following day, those have the 150 watt bulbs in them.

I also got to use them earlier tonight, they literally light up the side of the mountain or hill being attempted to climb. Real nice.

Now in the works is a new secondary high output alternator and a second battery. Had some serious alternator noise travelling through the CB radio when these are turned on, (according to Paul) i myself heard it too though.

[​IMG]

Here's a better view of just what it is, it's one of the old TrailBlazer light bars, i think that company went out of business, oh well, Had some comments that the bar couldn't really be seen, so here it is.

[​IMG]

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Re: LET THERE BE LIGHT !!! Finally hooked up

I'll make sure to call you if I ever break down in the middle of nowhere and it's real dark outside and I need to see back up above the tranny and it's critical that I be able to determine which grain of dirt that is inhibiting proper cooling of the front differential. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Those seem to be pretty cool. I look forward to seein how they work in person.

Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Damn, if we ever do a night run, remind me to bring SPF 50! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif You've got about 4 times the wattage I will have when I get all my lights hooked up...

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You'll need sunglasses too , or better yet a welding helmet /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Looks like time to paint the hood flat black, the light shining on the hood is gonna reflect back into your eyes.

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Got to use it the other night, the way the light bar is designed and built, and also since i have it mounted far enough back, i only actually got light showing up on the front 2-3 inches of hood surface, it all projects out to the hillside and roadway, really cool light, have two more bulbs though i still need to upgrade to 100 watters.

Just added another, better pic of the light rack at the top, during the day and turned off.

7. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

looks cool man /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

total cost of the unit?
    grant

9. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I bought mine used from a guy here locally that was selling it on Ebay, i paid $125, but then i added 100watt bulbs, so anyways, i didn't see a website for them, i do see an add in the back of the Petersens 4wd magazine, all they have is a phone number to call for a free brochure: (714)543-2213.
    They are in Santa Ana, California.

If i remember, it's been awhile, but i thought i saw them new for $200-400, just depends on the style you get, they have smaller units with less lights also.

ALthough, i just noticed, i saw it in an issue of Pauls magazines he has at his place, and it is in the September 1998 issue, so they may have gone out of business, i dunno though, worth a shot to call anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif