Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Let Us Discuss Work Schedules

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Since I started my new job, I've entered the world of interesting work schedules.

We work no more than three days in a row, and get at least one three day weekend a month. Right now, I'm off for two days after working two days. When I go back, I work three days, then on call for one. We work no more than 16 days a month.

How's that? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i work 0 days a month, get a 7 day weekend and still get paid /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Tax payers money NOT at work /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Sounds... almost confusing.

Shall I be so bold as to inquire what this job is?

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Hmmmmmm... I work about 40 hours a week... Usually at least 3 hours of that is from clocking in/out 15 minutes early/late every day... Then I get to leave early at the end of the week /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have Tuesday nights off, but sometimes I work Tuesday morning... Plus either Saturday or Sunday lately... it was Tuesday and Wednesday off every week, but now my days off are Tuesday and whenever the boss can give me a day off... Sometimes I work 7am-3pm, sometimes 3pm-11pm, sometimes 6am-2pm, and sometimes 2pm-10pm... and almost every time I work a morning shift, it's the day after working a night shift, but always at least 8 hours between... So if I'm working 6-2, 9.8 times out of 10 I'm working 2-10 the night before...

That's my work schedule... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Glorified Meter Maid /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I work whenever my boss calls me at 10pm the night before and says "drag your ass to work in the morning and cook some eggs"

I worked at peak business a moth at a time 6 hours a day

It had been as low as 2 days a week up untill a little while ago

8. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Mon to Friday from 8:10 to at least 7:00. Too damn much /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I work a split shift, Sat and Sun 7am - 5:30 pm and Mon - Tue 3pm - 1:30 am.
    Wed, Thu and Fridays off.
    It don't matter to me anymore when I get time off, one day is as good as another, it all smells the same to me.
    Although having my days off when the the boys are in school is cool. And with the addition of another rig the ol lady is going back to work.
    3 days off and all alone at home... whatever will I do? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    We work no more than 16 days a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a Gravy Train with Biscuit wheels.... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

11. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Been off work since the heart attack, but going back shortly. I usually work from 20 to 40 hours per week contracting... Sometimes I actually put in an 8 hour day...

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I normally work 4 10 hour shifts...Mon to Thurs. Every weekend is supposed to be a 3 day weekend. When we're busy I work my regular 40 plus 6-7 hours on a Friday night, then another 8 on saturday.

The number of hours isn't that bad, but the switch from night shift on a Friday to a dayshift on a Saturday is a little tough.

Without overtime I work 16 or 17 days a month too.

Rene

13. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I cook eggs as well, along with frying chicken and tossing salads. My regular schedule is Monday and Wednesday 7-10:30 pm, and Sunday 3-10:30 pm, but I sub for people often, so I end up putting about 15 hours a week in.

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Glorified Meter Maid /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Has the licking of Jane Fonda's crotch area warped your brain? Where's the love after I came in here and started laying the smacketh down on your behalf?

How many glorified meter maids do you know carry three firearms in a really cool car with more radios than Cheyanne Mountain?

I think I'll take that back about Jane Fonda, everyone knows you wouldn't go that far so here's a little advice, get your head out of John Kerry's butt...

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

What is this "work" thing you speek of, cause it ain't ringin' any bells here Bubba.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    What is this "work" thing you speek of, cause it ain't ringin' any bells here Bubba.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends on the people we are talking about. Some people like me have a mobile office and run around the countryside making sure people are safe and secure from some dumbass. Other people have a stationary office at some large building and they perform tasks given to them by other people. Then there are those that work from home, these people are highly regarded. These people can pretty much wear what they want while they perform tasks given to them, or for a few, they just make up tasks and complete them for work.

As for you, I think we know where you belong in the work chain.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Profile for chevyfumes

Email loudtuneschevyfumes@comcast.net
    User ID # 250
    Name Rob
    Title Clinically Insane
    Total Posts 10690
    Birthday 9/8
    Homepage
    Occupation I occupy the couch most of the time...
    Hobbies I like to help lost Californians find their way home, by pointing in a southerly direction, with my middle finger...
    Location Van Diego Washifornia
    Bio No I don't swing that way, but two chicks would be cool !
    ICQ Number AOL IM = chevyfumes
    Make/Model/Year American/Slacker/1969
    Drivetrain Nope, but I like riding on them
    Suspension Never been suspended, but,I have been fired several times...
    Tires/Wheels yep and their both round too....
    Registered on 02/24/00 06:40 PM

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

18. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I cook eggs as well, along with frying chicken and tossing salads.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    Bwahahahahaha!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I do not envy you one bit!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

19. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Come on Bubba I thought you gonna slam on the toosing bit and sub for other people too! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Bill

20. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I work 8 - 9 hour days and 1 - 8 hour day every 2 weeks (every other friday off, 3 day weekends turn into 4 days almost everytime). So thats typically 18 days per month not counting holidays.