Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lets all bow our heads and have a moment of silence...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by baldamish, Mar 20, 2006.

1. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

Well, it would appear that the 'ol blazer motor has given up the ghost :( . I was pulling down the road to get in my driveway, and i started to hear a knock...made it into the drive and up to the garage....and that, it would appear, is all she wrote!
    I suppose this was not exactly a suprise, she has been smoking and loosing oil like the exxon valdez, when i bought it i knew this sad day would come. The good news is now this makes way for a well built :weld: , well thought out :thinking: motor...this not only benefits me, but also my fellow ck5'ers.
    Once i start this, i plan on going back to the original automatic, which would make a (forgive me, i don't know the actual names) 4 speed with granny gear tranny available, and also the full time 4-wheel x-fer case (205?). I personally don't care for either of these pieces, but i thought somebody may want them, so...keep it in mind, like i said, i don't care for them but one man's junk, is another man's treasure!

2. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

The full time is an NP203 t-case. The shifter goes lo loc, lo, neutral, hi, hi loc. And the sm465 tranny is good is you want some ungawdly low first gear. 6.55:1.:eek1:
    -Harrison