Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lets all say this together....Corvettes are NOT tow vehicles

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeremy_C, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Sucks to be this guy

Oh god, i cant imagine the "OH [I love jeeps]" feeling he has. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

I give that a 9 on the "dagumit" chart.

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

WTH was he thinking?? man..i ALMOST feel sorry for him /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

However, they ARE vehicles to be towed by Xploders... cept I had to take it across town, I hated that /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif what a dumb ass /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Great pics! When I was a kid growing up in Florida, I watched that happen to a Corvair while fishing next to a dock one day. My buddies and I thought it was pretty hilarious. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

If the person on the jetski had half a brain they would have pushed the corvette back on land... You'd be amazed at how powerful they are.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

that really does suck... so much for the interior. thankfully it didnt fly off a cliff or anything, so the body is prolly a-ok. Why on earth they thought unloading waterborn vehicles from a corvette was a good idea I do not know.

just out of curiosity, how much do those bigger jetskis weight? cant 2 adults manhandle them around? seems like a lot of peeps are lazy about launching those...

j

8. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

They way a decent amount, I doubt you would want to try to pick one up with 2 people. We have a 3 seater and it's about 600 pounds... We have launched one with our riding lawn more, I have no idea what these people were doing wrong... Guess they just hit the gas!!

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

600 lbs eh? pretty heavy... of course it is a 3 seater too. damn, didnt even know they made them that big. Anything that holds more than 2 I call a "boat". /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif any1 know how much smaller 1-person ones weigh? just doesnt seem like a small engine + some fiberglass should be so heavy...

j

10. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

In a Russian movie, this would be entitled: "The hunt for yellow oktober" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

just a thought,but...salt water will total a vehicle out instantly.that would be a good way to get rid of a vehicle you didnt feel like paying off.i actually watched that happen to an iroc in 1990,but he was hooked to a 21'proline. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

13. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Yet,
    more proof that people with money, are just begging to get rid of it in a hurry.

If you think about it,
    The driver sits about a foot and a half forward of the rear axle, and pretty dawg-awn low.
    What - could possibly make this guy think he could back it in further, when he was just about eye-level with the water - way (WAY!) before the rear end lost traction (floated).

Ya think the waves crashing up on the driver's window would hint him off ?

What a fawking idiot !

14. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

yep,you would think so.the iroc didnt give up without a fight,it went down burning rubber and gurgling.one guy even ran down the ramp and jumped on the hatch to try to add traction w/his weight.he went swimming... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    one guy even ran down the ramp and jumped on the hatch to try to add traction w/his weight.he went swimming...

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO...struck me as funny /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif