Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LETS BAND TOGETHER!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Quetzal_SJ, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Quetzal_SJ

Quetzal_SJ 1/2 ton status

Ok heres my idea I noticed that there are a few members that would like to own a kayline fast trak top for there 69-72 Jimmy/Blazer so why don't we all keep sending email with request for the tops leting them know that we want these tops now. Or maybe your not ready but plan on buying one lin the futer let them know!. In the hopes that they might make a few more. Maybe if the company is being sold the new owner might see a profit in making some. Everyone that owns a shop should let them know of the demand for the tops also. Just a thought.

Also I still have my half top any one wanna trade one rare goody for another let me know?

Thanks

2. BUCK70

BUCK70 Registered Member

The only problem there is that rumor has Kay-line had app $450,000.00 worth of orders on the table when they did in fact close doors. Also, the present owner wants to be sure his employees are taken care of by the new owner. At least this is what I heard. Another thing is that the last top bidder on Kay-line wanted to move the company to the Carolinas and the present owner has a problem with that because the employees would be out a job completely.
    To me these are just hear-say and make no sense. Not producing these tops sounds like his employees ARE out of work--RIGHT?!? Like I said these are just rumors I'm not for sure.

3. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

I need 1 top for sure and would like 2. Anyone have a contact number for Kayline? I'd like to call or e-mail to see what's up.
    Thanks
    JB

4. Crushergmc

Crushergmc 1/2 ton status

Q, did you ever come up with a price for you 1/2 top? I'd like it but I need a price that is reasonable. I'd be willing to trade a double wall that is in real good shape, just put new rubber on it too (except bed rail).

70 Jimmy, 454, 2wd
    56 GMC, Big Window

5. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I really want one! Let me know what I can do.

If you build it, the mud will fly!
    72 K5 blazer soon to be 1 ton with a 427 tall deck and TH400/NP205 and 12"of lift with 40"tires.