Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Let's Bounce Around A Get Together Idea

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Weekend of wheeling and such somewhere....................:D

2. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Somewhere in Oklahoma or Texas? I'm down if its within 5 hours of College Station, further than that isnt practical for a weekend trip.

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I "should" have my junk rollin by the end of the month. Now to figure out a where?

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I should have been more specific, but you must bear with me since I have delved off into the world of learning a second language this week.

So for some of us, we know of Blazerfest (I personally attended two straight years) and Blazer Bash. That's where I'm heading with this idea.

First, I think we could build attendance somewhat. Nowhere near Da 'Fest numbers, but maybe 20-30 of us a year. While focused towards us that have met on here, leave it open to any brand.

Second is location and this one is real I'm having real trouble. I am not aware of anywhere near being on par with Hollister. Campground big enough to accomodate that many rigs, trail diversity to allow anyone from the stocker to mucho grande extremo rig to show up and have fun for the weekend. The only places I can think of off the top of my head would CORE east of Denver and the Canadian north of Amarillo. There is a private place a couple hours north of me in Kansas, but I don't know if it would fit my idea. CORE is too far for you OKC peeps more than likely. The Red River area would probably be somewhat nice, yet still far away for you OKC peeps and I don't think there's much in the way of extreme around there. With the distance that we seem to have, it would probably be a little bit harder. I would think something that is somewhat central to the OK/KS/TX/CO/NM folks would work, but where is that place at?

Basically a three day get together for this area that doesn't involve 15K people (WTO Mud Drags), one where we have some freedom (aka adult beverages in the evening) and could draw a semi-small/medium group of us.

As much as I want to return to Hollister, it's again out of the cards for me this year unless a miracle happens. Moab is calling, but then again, same thing, no miracles, no attending. Something closer for us is what I have in mind.

5. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

I like the idea and the direction this is going. Sounds like we need a Central U.S. meeting area for all of us Blazer and Fullsize rig folks. The video I watched from Clayton, OK looked pretty cool. Has anybody been there? They had that whole Ultimate Adventure crew out there.

6. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Ive never been but i know a few people who goto Clayton Ok alot. Sounds like a fun place. Theres also Superlift in Arkansas.

7. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Im saving gas money right now!

8. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Clayton has badass wheeling but I dont think its big enough for a group that size. BMRA in Gilmer, TX deffinately has enough room for a group that size but isnt the most fullsize friendly place, there are a ****load of trees that make the trails really tight. We got the shaft region wise, ours is like 1500 miles long. Somewhere in north Texas or central OK would be good. I havent been to too many places though.

9. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I have been to Gilmer. If you are not too worried about body damage, a fullsize is fine. There are enough trails out there for all levels of build. I am joining some guys this month for a run on some private land. It is a little south of Muenster. I have only seen the place once, but it is sweet. I will get some pics and a better understanding of how big it is in a little while. It may be a good spot for 20 or so rigs. Maybe more, but I am not sure yet. If I join their club, I will have access to the land at any time. So, if everything goes as planned it could be possible for us to have the place to ourselves. Lots of space for camping.Primitive.

10. mudnmyvayne

mudnmyvayne 1/2 ton status

Plenty of parking,wheeling & room for the kids to play at the Canadian.
    Im sure that all from stock to 'really big' could have a good time.

+ i noticed several new trails last weekend.The kind of trails your wife wont ride along on.

I would be willing to make an attempt to show up,wherever it may be.

It seems that my home turf is more centrally located than some of the other options.
    Also,Texas has real beer.:haha:

11. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

We may have to break this down to multiple groups. The only CK5 people I know, were people I had already met. I want to hang out with some more guys from the Brotherhood.

12. mudnmyvayne

If the canadian can host 15-25k every year,should be plenty of room for CK5.

Just to get a idea of size.From the bridge: About 25 square miles of wheeling to the West. Maby 15 square miles of wheeling to the east. Alot more than what you see from the highway.

13. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Disney. Camping and/or lodging for 100 rigs or more, and the space on the trails for them too. Trails and rock from eh to OMFG! Adult beverages no problem. Hogans Campground is the shizzle. Right at the trailhead.
    http://www.extreme4wheelin.com/

John

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  14. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

5 hours from me, but with enough notice, I'm there. There is Clayton also.

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

And I'm a wondering if different locations for different years would be a viable option?????????????????????:D

16. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

....Shiloh Texas, I hear is a good place to wheel.

17. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

CORE sucks ass. There isnt a single rock or hill or anything at that place. Many people would be PISSED if they drove all that way just to camp in the middle of some field with a few dirt mounds on it. I might as well bring my F350 tow rig instead of my TJ or buggy to that place.

BMRA charges admission and there arent that many trails. The trails that are there are mild.

The Canadian river doesnt have much for wheeling. There is a lot of land, but most of it sucks. Plus mud=homoghey.

My vote would be Clayton, OK. Its free to wheel there. Whoever said there isnt enough room for a lot of rigs is dead ass wrong. Every year at Memorial Day there is 150-200 rigs there, and there is plenty of trails, lodging, and restaurants. I highly doubt a central blazer bash type event would draw too many people anyways. The trails range from easy to ultra hard core, and unlike hick ass East TX and the barren panhandle, there is some awesome scenery and weather. A huge plus for some is the fact that the trails are about 50 ft. from the hotels, so you can drive your rig to breakfast, and then drive your rig to the trail.

18. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

yea right end of the month
    someone s dreaming
    i am down just let me know ahead of time, ill get the weekend free.
    me and bottomfeeder were also talking about getting a caravan together for blazerfest

19. mudnmyvayne

:bow: :bow: O' Rock Master

Just pull it out then,if thats how it is.:haha:

20. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

x2:D