Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lets play identify this combo.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Brocky, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Pretty sure of the tranny being a sm465 due to the two pto covers but the transfer case is my puzzle. I know I have a 203 in my k5 now. My shifter has a box but this one doesn't. Usually 205 has a rear slip yoke but this one doesn't. So is it a 203 or 205?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

99.9% 205, if the back has a small cover in-between the two large ones with three bolts in it, it's a 205.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

It is way to small/short to be a 203. It looks like a 205.

Harley

4. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I just ran out and had a look and it has a small cover in-between the two large ones with three bolts in it. Check the yokes and there is a big nut in the center of it and I can't make it move in or out (slip) so I guess I scored. This was free, taking up space in someones garage. Now I need a shifter, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, and ????. I can get the padel assembly out of another truck.

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice work man, you might wanna pull the combo apart and make sure the drive sleeve is in good shape as well.

6. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Its a 205

7. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, now I need to find the other componets and the old k5 will be standard. No more frying th350. Any ideas on the price of new clutch kit. Also I realize when my boss finally pays me my membership money is gonna have to be sent. Best family around. Also I am gonna have to get a CK5 sticker for the rig. Don't wanna ramble on but I love this site, and all the info here. Can't wait to access it all.

8. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sweet score! Thats the combo I have in my blazer and I love it. So much more enjoyable to drive now. I spent the dime and got a 12" luk pro gold for it and it works perfectly. The clutch is extremely predictable and it has never slipped or even gotten hot. The hardest part of the swap was getting the pedal assembly and hydraulic clutch to perform properly. Good luck with the install and enjoy that first gear!

9. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

cool score...
    if you are doing a auto to manual swap and not going hydraulic clutch.. I have everything to do the swap... well mostly....

clutch pedal assembly on ebay with new clutch fork ($25), bellhousing, spring and stuff...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=8001592965&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT

clutch rod on ebay (2 seperate auctions 1 stock and 1 with 3" added for body lift)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=8001582490&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT

I bought a pressure plate, clutch, throwout bearing kit with lifetime warranty for $133 from autozone.... hopefully it holds up as I am going to add vortec heads and a xtreme 4x4 cam... :wink1:

checkout my other auctions...

p.s. dont forget you will need a new flywheel... roughly $125.... I got 2 on the shelf that I didnt put on ebay yet but still need to.. used but in great condition.....

if you buy a few parts from my auction I can combine items and save ya a few on shipping....

10. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Thanks RootBreaker, I will keep that in mind. I am going shopping (junk yarding) now to see what I can find. I'm pretty sure whatever I can't find or need advise on, ye should be able to help.