Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lets really talk tires! TSL vs TSL Radials vs SX

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Batmanjr, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue"> First: </font color> Lets take an opinion poll on which is just overall "BEST" ?

This poll is to determine a preferance, all opinions are solely that, opinions of the vewer! This poll is based on if all tires were offered in the same tire dimension!

<font color="blue"> Second: </font color> Why do you like those tires? Why did you vote the way you did?

<font color="red"> Finally: </font color> Are they better for certain critiria and if so which are best for which type of wheeling?

/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

As far as an offroad only tire, I really like the regular TSLs. I have the 39.5x15x15 TSLs and I love the way they perform, but if Interco offered the TSL/SXs in that size, I would go for them over the standard TSLs because of the extra sidewall "tread" and protection. Plus they look really cool.

Will

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would go with the TSL/SX's also if they were offered in that size. I like the side biters. They really do help in ruts. Super Slicker SX's are better than just plain Super Slicker TSL's. Believe me, I know.

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

The SX's are the best offroad tire, hands down. They have virtually impenetrable sidewalls, awesome traction, and wear very well for an aggressive tire (the ones I have seen). They are not all that bad on-road, so driving to and from trails isn't a chiropractic nightmare (BOGGERS). They don't wander and aren't TOO noisy. They grip rocks like crazy with the sidebiters and big lugs, and clean almost as good as bogger in mud, but don't have as much of a tendency to try and dig to the bottom, or bog with an underpowered rig. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Iwore out 2 sets of 12.50x36 SXs on my 88.Finally dumped IFS for Ford D60 and wish TSLs would last as long.Now running 12.50x38 front and 16x38.50 rear.Like the sidewalls os SXs better,but,think the TSLs work a little better on rocks.Don't run out as good on road,but,road comfort isn't a big deal is it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Ilike the radials for the way that they air down. Seems that you can get them to float on snow much better. Too bad they dont make them larger thatn 38". /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif