Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Let's see if I can stir stuff up again... Only this time agree with me :P

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Let\'s see if I can stir stuff up again... Only this time agree with me :P

Just went to Baskin Robbins to get me some Cappachino Blast (ahhh.. coffee stuff)... Come out and WOW... what's next to me? a Furd in a handicapped parking space... I KNOW I didn't see anyone handicapped in the store, so I looked for any kind of marking at all that would give them a right to park there... Of course I find nothing... sheesh... I should print up some bumper stickers for people like that "HIT ME, I PARK IN HANDICAPPED SPACES!"

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Re: Let\'s see if I can stir stuff up again... Only this time agree with me :P

Hehe, we have a volunteer patrol that goes around and busts those Jackasses. I noticed the same thing about fards and they never park in just one spot or even close to straight.../forums/images/icons/wink.gif There I'll help start the crap with ya... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I can understand your frustration with those who are not disabled who park in disabled spaces. However, there are many disabilities that are not outwardly apparent. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

-Aaron

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

well as far as I'm concerned, if they don't have ANY markings at all saying they can park there, they can walk like the rest of us...

5. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Failure to properly display the needed signage isn't great. But then again maybe it was someone out with a fully-abled(is that a word?) person. I'm not sure how they've got the permits setup in your area. If the permits can be moved from vehicle to vehicle then you were likely correct that it was someone being lazy. If the permits are permanently attached to the car then I could see why they wouldn't have it with them if it was someone elses vehicle. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I can't disagree with you because I have no idea what the situation was, you've got a better handle on that than me. Although I also can't agree with you because again I don't know what the situation was /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

-Aaron

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

If you're trying to get me riled up again, it won't work. I'm worn out for today.

That's a continous problem around here though...

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I have a standard line that I use when I catch some idiot in a Handicap stall with no placard or tags:

"Excuse me, but I think this handicapped stall is reserved for people with physical disablilities, and last I checked being STUPID doesn't count!!!"

That will usually result in a smartass or rude comeback from the offender, which results in me walking right up to their window(preferably with shades on/forums/images/icons/cool.gif), and saying the following through gritted teeth with a psycho look on my face:

"You know, if you want to be handicapped, I can arrange it....."

This might sound extreme, but it works EVERY time.

8. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I was at the store and I saw this car pull up and take the handi capped spot, mmmm since when did anyone handi capped have a lowered eclipse, then I saw the driver flick out her cigarette, the dude in the passenger side got out and in the store they went..??? Mmmm nope healthy as the rest of us and no tag ot permit of anysort....and the kicker was, the spot next to it was open and up for grabs/forums/images/icons/frown.gif

* now the flip side *
    My grandma parks in those spots..not sure if she currently does but I know she use to. Point is she isn't handicapped. My grandpa had the permit when he was in a wheelchair in his last months, so he had the permit to park there. She legaly can't park there but why can't she???

State laws on handicapped people, wellfare and unemployment are all [censored] up. but I'll leave it at that...

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Haha good one!

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Dude, soemthing I find pretty funny. My favorite sporting goods store that carries a lot of high adventure type stuff has 8 (count em) handicapped spaces right out front. I've never seen even one of them filled. Just kinda a big loading zone. It doesn't really hack me off or anything since I dont mind walking a couple extra yards. But it is kinda ironic.

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

It's a sporting goods store it should have about 50 handycapped spaces so everyone else could hike in.. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

12. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

you guys gotta remember he lives in Wyoming - you don't fill parking lots here. it isn't much further to park in a non-handicap space here so there really is no excuse.

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I live in Wyoming where full parking lots only happen during Frontier Days or when there's a sale at Wal Mart /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

14. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

LOL - yea I know all about it. I actually ate in cheyenne once. off one of the exits was a really good mexican place a little ways in.

I gotta come out to frontier days one of these years.

15. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Maybe the person forgot to put it out? I have one of those hangers for my rear view... cuz when I take my Grandma someplace I have to use it since she can't walk.... anyhow I forgot to put it up once... I got a $279 ticket!! Of course when I went to the cops they tore it up when I showed em the permit... maybe it was someone like that?

16. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

all this talk about handicap spaces reminds me the denis lerry song.....

everyone sing along...

I'm an @sshole, Im an @sshole, I drive really slow in the ultra fast lane, park in handicap spaces to watch handicap people make hanicap faces....

ok im done now....

17. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Hopefully someday that person will actually beci=ome handicapped and then won't have a place to park because of another @$$ like him in a handicapped spot ! I don't mean to sound to harse, but it would be fitting for them !

18. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Re: Let\'s see if I can stir stuff up again... Only this time agree with me

the one that pisses me the hell off more is when people aren't handicapped, and have absolutely no business parking in a handicaped spot, but do it anyway, and they use thier great greatgrandmothers handicapped parking tag... its obscene how bad it is here in AZ... every year for christmas, every single handicapped spot gets filled in at the malls, stores, whatever. it really pisses me off because my mom had a broken leg for christmas season one year, and ended up parking like a mile away, and hobbling up to watch some perfectly healthy bitch, with her screaming 4 year old brats RUN outside, and HOP into one of the `handicapped' cars.

on the positive side, the park ranger over at my train park likes nothing better then to bust chumps who park in the handicaped spots. he sees them parked there, and sitting at the wheel ( engine off, ) he'll quickly park his truck behind them, and write them thier ticket.

the other thing that pisses me off is people who park in the @#@#$^$%^ firelane... one of these days, I'm gonna plow into/through one of these bastards, and see if they can argue themselves out of that one
    Them:he hit me
    Officer: where were you parked?
    Me: inthe fire lane... I was trying to get around them, but I couldn't quite make it. I want them to pay for the damadged fenders on my suburban
    them: BULL#%^ YOU HIT ME!
    Officer: you were illegaly parked, here's your ticket.

oh well, the only real problematic bastards are the asshats at the autobody shop next door to my work...

-Rich

19. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

That song cracks me up everytime.
    On the flip side of the handicapped parking issue. Some people have the handicapped parking "priveledge" because of heart problems or breathing problems. They might not "appear" handicapped because it's not a visible physical disability. On the other side...yup there's a lot of as#holes out there.

20. OneInTheSun

OneInTheSun 1/2 ton status

Ha ha. All the hostility in this thread reminds me of that scene in "Me, Myself and Irene".