Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Let's see if I understand how the world works lately...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thatK30guy, Jan 19, 2002.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Let\'s see if I understand how the world works lately...

Let's see if I understand how the world works lately...

If a man cuts his finger off while slicing salami at work, he blames the restaurant.

If you smoke three packs a day for 40 years and die of lung cancer, your family blames
    the tobacco company.

If your neighbor crashes into a tree while driving home drunk, he blames the bartender.

If your grandchildren are brats without manners, you blame television.

If your friend is shot by a deranged madman, you blame the gun manufacturer.

And if a crazed person breaks into the cockpit and tries to kill the pilot at 35,000 feet,
    and the passengers kill him instead, the mother of the deceased blames the airline.

I must have lived too long to understand the world as it is anymore. So, if
    I die while my old, wrinkled butt is parked in front of this computer, I want
    you to blame Bill Gates...okay?

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: Let\'s see if I understand how the world works lately...

You understand perfectly. Sad but True.
    The question is how in the hell did we (society) end up being so back asswards?
    Speaking from experience (of being a bartender): I always hated the fact that I had to worry about John Doe getting shitfaced and getting into an accident (he may have left our bar fine and had several nips in the car, but we would be held accountable because we were the last place he patronized), and then sueing me. I would never purposely serve anybody if they were smashed or to the point of getting smashed, but sometimes it was hard to tell. I never had any problems, but I was always worried that I could be charged for someone else's ignorance (hey I never forced anyone to drink, they came to me, paid for and drank the alcohol, I did not tell them to or force them to). I had to use common sense while serving them, why shouldn't they have to do the same? Sorry just a little rant, but I know how ya feel!

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot> click here </a>

3. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

pretty sad isn't it... [​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

4. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

This is a result of the "dumbing down" of society that results from lawyers/liars getting huge monetary settlements for idiots! Everybody fails to accept responsibility for the final result of their actions. Ran into a tree?..sue the guy who planted it there! LOL! There seems to be a feeling that we should ALL go to the lowest common denominator...if we expect common sense and responsibility..we might offend stupid people's sense of entightlement. They'll get mad if we don't pay for them to have 5 kids and sit at home. I work 50 hour weeks to support my wife and daughter...and pay for the right of dumb people to stay dumb.

9/11/01..Never forget...Never forgive

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

It's all about accountibility and responsibility, only problem is noone knows what the hell that is so they pass the buck. Noone has any balls anymore. It's a sad sad world today.

That jeep thing? Yah I understand it....... Like my Blazer? <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5>http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5</a>
    Jim

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Don't forget, if you're drunk and fall down in a supermarket, they're responsible...

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Prior signature burnt. This one on temporarily.

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

People stink... least that type does. I got sued by one... oh joy! Glad she didn't go above my insurance coverage or my mom would have lost her house....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    Stop Global Whining
    I'm in shape.... round is a shape......

8. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I can relate to that.
    My ol lady was a bartender at one of the local taverns a few months ago.
    She routinely cut people off who were plastered and got let go because basicly they were regulars and it was ok by the boss to keep serving them because in his own words "they spend alot of money here".
    She wouldn't serve them though because the liability is just to great, they would show up fallin down and she wouldn't serve them.
    Not only can they sue you but if they get in a wreck and kill some one then the bartender is held responsible.
    Like the bartender has them strapped down and has a funnel in their mouth pouring booze down their throat.
    Or how about a guy in your house stealin stuff at 2am and yer dog rips him a new as$hole and he sues and wins, where is the logic in that???
    Now if the meter maid comes in the yard and gets bit and you don't have any BAD DOG signs up I can see it.
    But theives getting tore up and getting paid is just plain screwed.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

9. FWP

FWP CRS

Here's something related, tell me what you think. Perfectly good rebuilt motor, 1100 miles into it, it starts making a knock. After weeks of pulling my hair out trying to isolate the problem, I finally pull out the distributor to inspect it. The gear on it looks like a 500 year old pinion, with 3 billion miles on it. The distributor was a "new peformance HEI" dist from Summit. They say they "have no history" concerning the gear being a problem, and to feel free to send the distributor back for a refund or exchange. I think that's horseshit and they should fix the damage and replace the parts that got screwed up in the process..... I pretty much sent em a letter to that effect. Here's a link to the photo of the wasted gear- http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Holy crap! Was there oil on that thing????

Ratch
    CK5 album

11. FWP

FWP CRS

You betcha. The cam got the cam lube pre-treat, as well as a pre-oil via oil pump before initial startup.....

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5</a>

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Geez, that must be some funked up steel!

Ratch
    CK5 album

13. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ohhh you forgot a few. A Key chain with a cupie doll on the end of a 5 inch chain is a dangerous weppon on a 10year old and when a teacher see's it the kid should be thrown out of school.
    Children with a lot of energy should be put on drugs. Just went though this with my kid. She is high strung. We (the lady and I) are very anti drug for anything but infection and prevention. Drugging out 9year old was something we really didn't want to do. It masks the problem not resolves it. Their are cases where parrents have been jailed that feel the same way because some Jacka$$ teacher decided the kid should be medicated into a zombi. Sorry it takes a village to raise a kid. If I'm doing my job as a parrent and teaching the kid an alterantive way to deal with their issues I'm doing my Part. Do your part as a teacher and help. I guess we got VERY lucky. We talked to the teachers and kept them informed and made sure they kept us informed. Keeping them in the loop was key. That let her know that we are going to know that everytime she messed up we were going to know and their were going to be repercussions.
    My kid has finnaly come around. She got her first saticfactory behavior marks since kindergarden [​IMG] And she's not a zombi! She is a smart kid and got great grades. Stuff just didn't move fast enough for her and her mind wandered and soon she was flapping her jaw or getting up from her seat. How did I we do it???????? the old fashion way finnaly did the trick. You screw up, you get punnished. The more you screw up them worse the punnisment gets. After getting turned over the knee a few times she finnaly figured out "if I shut my mouth (biggest problem) and do what the teacher tells me I don't go to bed with my butt on fire".
    It worked for me when I was a kid, It worked for my Parrents and so on and so on. It pisses me off when the parrents fail and feel that money and drugs are the answer not their parrenting skills need refining. Sometimes a good old fashioned spanking lets the kid know who's the boss and a good reminder of what in not acceptable behavior.
    What's this BS with sending kids to jail for getting in a fist fight? Kids are kids. arguments go with it. sometimes a kid needs to get into it to knock them down a few notches. I'm not saying the fighting is the best answer but who here over the age of 25 hasn't been in a good fight? Yes I think their should be repercussions for it if the kid was the one who picked the fight and even for the kid that didn't but it's a screwed up world when a 12 year old is thrown in the back of a squad car for defending themselves when the school bully picks a fight with them. Heck when I was a kid the pricipal called the parrents. The parrents did the punishemnt and you got suspended for a few day's and got a ton of home work to do when you were grounded to your room. They should get turned over the knee and migrate to the belt. Now it ends up in court because the school is affraid of a lawsuit, the parrents are not doing their job. It ends up in court where a judge decides what the punnishment should be. What the hell is wrong with this picture? Back to that failure of the parrent and the village, and lawsuit happy world we live in.
    Hell my mom let me fight my battles. Hell she sat on the front porch and watched. Kept it fair. Made sure it was just bare fists. Best to get it out of your system at 12-13 when your not strong enough to do much more than bloody a nose then when you are older (and more stupid with ego over riding pain) and strong enough to really hurt somebody. At 12-13 once it hurts bad the fight usualy stops. Eventualy the underdog takes out the bully and evens out the playing feild (or play ground) heiarchy. Becomes the hero for a while and humilates the bully. It's the natural order of things. It happens with most speices of animals and we are no acception. That's been forgotten. Now it's My Lawyer is better than yours.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

14. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I have to agree with this fullheartedly... first off, to answer your question, I have only beem in perhaps 2 fights... the first one was one of my friends being an ass was in my face saying `hit me, go on hit me! you chicken&lt;insert some expicatives here&gt;...' so I hit him. he was shocked, I gave him a hand up, he appologized, I appologized, the problem was solved. the other one, in highschool, some little twerp with a napoleonic complex, and really lax parents gave me crap for 3 years solid... at the end of these 3 years, I was done with it, and on a really bad day, he triggered me into a ball of rage.. I being a `gentle giant' standing at 6'3", and 210 Lbs at the time, gave him a 1-2 punch that landed his sorry 5'2", 100+/- Lbs self against a wall some distance away with a concussion, amnesia, and some missing teeth... I got suspended, and he never bothered me, or any of my friends ever again... everyone said something to the extent of `he had that coming, but I didn't think you'd be the one' including his mother.

on a different note, I have to agree that a majority of parents are failing at thier job. mine did an exceptional job with me, since I'm still alive, ( I went through an A.D.D. phase, which passed into about a 2 year morbid suicidal depression phase) and succeeding for the most part. if I wanted to go say play at a friends house, I had to first sweep teh patio, mow the lawn, take out the trash, mop the floor, or some other miniscule job. if the job wasn't done properly (wasn't clean,) it wasn't done, and I got to start over and try again. if I screwed up, I got punished. if I did good, I got to go do something I wanted to do, or even sometimes a surprise. I also quickly learned that lying didn't work, and generaly brought down the wrath of god on my poor self, instating a policy of truthfullnes and whatnot.

the youth I work with today in scouts, and in Copperstar Drum &amp; Bugle I feel are somewhat spoiled in comparison to me, and most people I know. one of my scouts tends to get beligerant if we're doing something on a campout he doesn't want to do. he yells back at us, tells us we can't tell him what to do, and basicaly gives us an `up yours' type attitude. if I'd ever done that as a child, I'd be grounded, and not be able to sit strait for a while. he even caused one of our campouts to end early, by throwing rocks, and flat out disobeying the entire leadership line in front of the 2 youngest newest scouts. when the scoutmaster went and talked with his mother, she passed it off as `well, he misses his dad, and is just acting out a little on that' I told him if he did it again, we weren't going to invite him to go on any more campouts ever again. he didn't believe me... time will tell tho.

my old band teacher was basicaly run out of town by overzealous bastard parents who got upset at him for trying to get us to learn. he used such horrible things as Discipline, giving bad grades to those who weren't cutting it/weren't practicing/were late to class/missed class, good grades to those of us who did what we're supposed to, and whatnot. sure he'd yell, and shout, but in my opinion, thats to be expected in an art class, especialy from a good teacher. we were good, in fact arguably best in the state for 15 years running... then, the younger kids, the `baby child' ( youngest borther/sister) started in on the band, and the bastards moved in. the number of complaints from parents skyrocketed, a scandal was invented/contrived, and my old band director washed his hands of the situation. `if you don't want me here, then find someone else to teach' and with that, quit. pretty sad for the only guy who actually kept me from dropping out of high school.

ugh, so many irresponsible people are becoming parents it sucks. there should be an intelegence test, as well as a waiver signed that says `if your kid screws up before they're 18, you do the time with them' if you prove too stupid to be able to raise kids properly, then perhaps a mandated `tube tieoff/vasectomy' would be in order...

oh well, sorry for the uuber long rant...
    -Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

15. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

if you want kids, raise a dog or two.
    if the dogs are behaved, understand the hierarchy of power, and listen when spoken to, you get to have kids.
    if ya can't raise a freakin dog right,
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

btw, i have three dogs, and two kids. all respectful, and very aware that dad is the boss.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by delta9blazer on 01/21/02 10:52 AM.</FONT></P>

16. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

ALL, and I do mean ALL these problems come directly from money-hungry attornerys. And don't get me started on personal-injury attorneys...

<font color=red>"THE HUMMER ON 'ROIDS COMING SOON!"</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine</a>

17. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Actually, psychiatrists predate attorneys in this. In the 40's there was an international conference of psychiatrists wherein they formed a strategy for their continued long term prosperity. The main tactic was to purposely destroy the concept of right and wrong, and along with it, change education to reduce literacy and then introduce drugs to exert control.

It seems to have worked pretty well for them. There was a book published on this conference some years ago. I think it was called the Leipzig Connection.

Lawyers came along for the ride... but only after the general public allowed them to, by refusing to take responsibility for their own condition.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, man's best friend is a book. Inside of a dog, it is very dark.</font color=blue>[​IMG]