Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Let's talk OHM's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Let\'s talk OHM\'s

My amp puts out 1200+++ watts at 1 ohm. 600 watts at 2 ohm. I have a set of JBL 12's 4 ohm subs that are rated at 300 watts RMS. I could wire them so the amp see's a 4 ohm load or wire them for 2 ohm. What do you think ??? This will just be till I get the TREO subs I want, and that might be a year or longer.

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Re: Let\'s talk OHM\'s

From what Ive heard you want to run 2 subs at 2 ohms. 1 sub at 4. Im not real sure though. If you cant get an answer here you could try posting in a newsgroup. There was one I went to all the time when I was in HS its alt.something.somethin. Dont really remember.

Nick

3. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My amp puts out 1200+++ watts at 1 ohm. 600 watts at 2 ohm. I have a set of JBL 12's 4 ohm subs that are rated at 300 watts RMS. I could wire them so the amp see's a 4 ohm load or wire them for 2 ohm. What do you think ??? This will just be till I get the TREO subs I want, and that might be a year or longer.

[/ QUOTE ]
    run the 2 pos+ of each sub and run those to the + on the amp, run the two neg- of each sub and run those to the - of the opposite channel on the amp.. that will be a total of 600watts at 2 Ohms, which is perfect considering that's a total of 600 for your 2 subs so each sub is getting 300 watts and there running mono off the amp so the Phase is the same and that's the best way to go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif you won't be able to get any lower than 2 Ohms with those subs unless you get another 4 Ohm sub.

4. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    run the 2 pos+ of each sub and run those to the + on the amp, run the two neg- of each sub and run those to the - of the opposite channel on the amp.. that will be a total of 600watts at 2 Ohms, which is perfect considering that's a total of 600 for your 2 subs so each sub is getting 300 watts and there running mono off the amp so the Phase is the same and that's the best way to go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif you won't be able to get any lower than 2 Ohms with those subs unless you get another 4 Ohm sub.