Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lets talk. spintech mufflers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Miller, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Miller

Miller Registered Member

a few months ago I did my exhaust with spintech pro street. the exhaust Im running is 3" with no cat and the spintech, not realy sure why I got the pro street, its to small. Im trying to get a hold of the guys at spintech to figure out wich muffler is the best for performance on my truck.

Im running a 249 comp cam with the rest of the motor basicaly stock. I do plan to have 670 cfm holley tbi, or one that turbo city worked over, bassauni headers and maybe a edlebrock intake manifold, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. this is probly as much as ill put into this motor with out crackign it open again and doing some tinkering /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

do any of you run spintech mufflers on your tbi 350s? ohhhh did I say Im not runing cat? Ive gone through a few difrent exhaust set ups in the past, heres the list.

maganflow 14" case oval 3" center center cat, and no cat.
    vortex(flowmaster knock off) 3" with no cat.
    flotech terminater cat and 3" tail pie exiting infront of rear tire
    and 3" exhaust split to dual glasspacks and no tail pipes(came on truck)

all of these have gona from haveing tail pies to being dumped in fron of the axle due to being tore up in the rocks,

Ive yet to find a exhaust set up I realy like, wont try flowmaster cause everyone else does,

hopeing whatever spintech I decided on this time will give me alittle more tourgue off the bottom where I need it.

thankx for any info Im hitting the door right now goin to work.

Evan

2. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

If you decide to ditch to the spintech, id go with magnaflow, or meanstreak. Im assuming your running a single threeinch tail. I've gone through many differnt setups on my exhaust. But it helps working at a good exhaust shop. Cost me about nothing to change it. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Right now im running headders, 2.5 heads into 2.5 flowsound (imitation flowmaster) with 3 tail. Sounds good. Not really lound enough for me. If you have anymore more questions about exhaust setups pm sometime.

3. Miller

Miller Registered Member

I do all my ehxuast work so it also cost me next to nothing to change exhaust systems.

Im gona hang true with spintech, to many flowmaster freaks out there flowmastering this and that, lol no offence to anyone.

heres what Im thinkn now, going dual 3" inot the spintecs performance truck muffler. that muffler has 3" dual inlet with 3" single outlet. the case is 22" long and 8.5" wide.
    id dual it to just past the cab, well to however far it would be to put the end of the muffler at about a foot before the rear axle..

that set up should quite me down and maybe get alittle more backpressure. maybe if the dual inlet would keep the flow going with the 22" muffler barely giving me enough backpressure.????

heres the muffler in center center version. http://spintechmufflers.com/spintech/spintechindex.asp

thankx for the response

Evan

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Im gona hang true with spintech, to many flowmaster freaks out there flowmastering this and that, lol no offence to anyone.

[/ QUOTE ] Must be a reson Flowmaster is so poppular !!!!! Makes me think so atleast.

5. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Must be a reson Flowmaster is so poppular !!!!! Makes me think so atleast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea.. it's the name.. thats all. There are a lot of mufflers that flow better then the flowmaster, the flowmasters are not built very well either. Have you seen the new ones? They actually have spots on the body where the weld has came through because the steel is so thin. I'm a true follower of MagnaFlow. They are straight through and are the best looking muffler I've ever seen. Not to mention they come with a lifetime warranty. I'll see if I can take a pic of the new flowmasters to post up.

Don't get me wrong though.. I still like Flowmaster... they are my top seller /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. Miller

Miller Registered Member

I just knew someone was gona say that, cause I forgot to. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Im one of those goes that goes agaisnt the grain, to make a point to myself or others.

so that being said, itl take alot to get me to run a flowmaster. not to mention I dotn real care for theyer sound anyways. not that sound matters anyways. would rather have it being quite then sounding like tiny flowmaster sound ampifire.

but yes sound aside there may be a reason flowmaster sales so good. suposebly by desing of the chambers with the right exhaust set up the muffler will help scavange the exhaust.??

but Ill stick with spintech for now.

Evan

7. Miller

Miller Registered Member

Ill agree to about the magnaflows. Ive actualy got one sitting here I might use, its the 18" cased oval center ofset 3" .

have you ever looked at spintech. the welds come the case everywhere, wich isnt bad thing, it looks neat, and the mufflers are beafy as heck. my current one has already taken on few rocks and survived pretty well.

Evan

8. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I actually emailed Spintech about carrying their mufflers and no one replied to me.

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Rockcrawler.com has a tech article on installing a Spintech muffler on a Jeep, with a pic of the Jeep parked on top of the muffler...pretty cool

10. Miller

Miller Registered Member

I didnt find the pick anywhere on the site

11. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

Those might be the new stainless steel flows. The spots bleed through on those. But the stainless should last as long as a magnaflow.

12. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Yea I'm referring to the new Stainless Steel flows. The stainless still won't last as long as the MagnaFlow though, Flowmaster uses a cheaper/thinner piece.

13. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

Yeah. I have a magnaflow on my daily driver and it was very heavy duty. Very happy with the quality.

14. Miller

Miller Registered Member

you all tryn to talk me into a magnaflow? got the one sitn here just wanting to be welded into the exhaust.

nah I think i wanna try the spintech for sure with the dual in singel out. its only like 109

ahhhhhhhh whats wrong with the spintech in there now?????????

blah

15. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

The problem of any straight through muffler or straight pipes is they let sparks from the exhaust through too. A bypass muffler will work as a spark arestor too. Don't want to be starting fires during the dry season. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Not trying to talk you out of a Spintech.. I'd be curious myself to see how they work.

17. Miller

Miller Registered Member

Ill send you my prostreet ounce I get my new one,

pretty sure I decided on dualing to the muffler then single out. Ill dual to back of the cab.

Id recomend spintech to anyone, but not the pro street muffler. its the semi race/street version. wich works well with worked over motors and dual exhaust. like 2" true duals. atleast thats what spintech tells me.

Evan

18. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Well damn, I guess they took the review off their site, or maybe I was thinkin' of another site... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif