Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Let's try another one - HYUNDAI ACCENT feedback?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Let\'s try another one - HYUNDAI ACCENT feedback?

Some of you may have read my post looking for feedback on the Kia Sephia. I'm also looking at a Hyundai Accent. Does anybody have any firsthand knowledge or experience with this model?

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: Let\'s try another one - HYUNDAI ACCENT feedback?

How about a Honda Civic 5 spd for a cheap commuter car? My wife has 205,000 miles on hers, gets 40 MPG.

3. Can Can

Because to get a Civic in a 2001 model up here means I have to spend another $3K CDN. Like I said in my last post, I'm not able to spend that much on a 3rd vehicle right now.

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Most of the stuff I've read about Hyundais has been good. We came real close to geting a SantaFe last year but I decided I didn't need another payment till next year.

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Because to get a Civic in a 2001 model up here means I have to spend another $3K CDN. Like I said in my last post, I'm not able to spend that much on a 3rd vehicle right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy the newest Civic you can afford then, a 99 Civic is a far better car than a 2001 Accent. And thats not saying much.

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

I have two civics and would only buy a honda or a toyota for a commuter. Shop hard and you'll find a good used one for a good price. Those damn things just keep going. Hyundai is a big NO-NO.

another thing i would suggest is to walk thru the foreign car section in the junkyard. Although honda's and toyota's have sold 20 fold what the other guys have sold, there is still a very imbalanced "represenation". I see tons of the other guys(not honda's and toyotas) and plenty of american ingenuity......plymouth crap

I bet you would'nt be asking if this question if it was a Honda you were looking at..... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. Can Can

You're right...but if I could afford a Honda then I wouldn't have the money issues, would I?

I also can't afford $400 a month in gas/diesel to run my trucks right now. That's the bottom line....... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Try looking into a VW Jetta with a diesel in it. I read they can get 60 MPG ( yes you read that right ) and they start at like 18000 USD brand new..just look for one thats a few years old. trustyk5 pointed these out to me. Im looking into buying one next year.

9. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Some of you may have read my post looking for feedback on the Kia Sephia. I'm also looking at a Hyundai Accent. Does anybody have any firsthand knowledge or experience with this model?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a 99'Accent. I bought it new and have not put a dime into it other than normal stuff like tires and oil changes. Plus you can't beat the warrantee! For example, Hyundai messed up the HP rating so in an effort to make things right they extended my roadside assistance plan another 6 years for nothing. It now does not expire until 2009. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Also I have a standard and it gets damn good gas mileage. Not sure the exact mpg but it has to be around 30 or more. $10 every 2 weeks does me fine @ 1.89 a gal.
    My gf just bought a 2004 Santa Fe. Damn thing has a 3.5 liter V6 and still gets 20-25mpg and still has the 10 year 100 mile warrantee. For a daily driver I think they can't be beat, no problems they run like a top!