Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Letter of Support

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cricket, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

This is not meant as a challenge to Administration or Moderators regarding the apparent departure of CamoreK5. It is simply a letter of support for Canmore's efforts and a thank you for his help. Please post if you wish.

I will remove this thread directly if requested but would appreciate it if you let it run.

I support Canmore. You treated me with respect and were very helpful to the "newbie" Thanks for your leadership, sorry to see you go.

Jim.

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I'd like to say that Paul's willingness to help people goes way above on many levels. When he read some issues I was having in my perosnal life, he PM'd me with his home # and offered some kind words from a voice of experience. He has always been a very upstanding guy!! When I called him, it was a pleasure to speak with him.

I can understand the mod issue, but I truly hope he stays around. If there are issues with his comments, there are a few others that should have already been asked to leave!!

I hope Paul reconsiders and I look forward (hopefully) to many more posts with his wisdom, comments, and moments of drunken stupor:grin:

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I am friends with the opposing parties in this problem, but I also regard Canmore as a friend and a great guy. I too am thankful for the things he has done for the site and for all of us, especially his and Kim's selfless efforts on the calendars. I hope Paul will stick around. If you still decide to leave, Paul, then let me express my thanks and it was a pleasure being a fellow member and moderator. :thumb:

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Paul is one my best friends on this site and I talk to him regularly on the phone. He may never be the most diplomatic person here, but he is always fighting for the betterment of this site. Maybe he has been a little over the top now and then, a lot of us have (myself included). Nobody can decide exactly what to do but Paul and Steve.

I support Paul's decision whatever it may be, and I also support this site and the rules Steve has set out. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive, and I really hope when things calm down Paul will decide to stay...preferrably as a moderator.

Rene

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I like Paul , and hope he stays .

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hope Paul stays too.

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Paul has a bad habit of being confrontational and jumping to conclusions at some points, and also holds grudges and doesn't let things slide as it were. Given that, he still is helpful, nice, wonderful man. His phone calls are great. Maybe it's just overexhuberance. He's a rocker. You win him over, you're gold, yo don't, he'll keep at you till you're a friend. No CK5er left behind.

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

haveing stood up for paul and suported him in his stance on thing i can tell you he i one of the few greatest men on this site.

haveing talk on the phone with him only searves to enforce this thought of a great man.

i have no idea what lead up to this or who it was that caused it to be led up to, but i can tell you paul goes i would have VERY few reasons to renew my membership here, where a truely great kind loving man who have high morals and wont compramis them for petty reasons is run from the site, i want no part of it or this site.

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Paul needs to stay!

I know he has some battles with a few now and then but he has done alot for the site and no matter what was said,
    Just blow it off and stay paul!
    We all back you and don't want you to go.
    Let's not make this place so stricked that if you tell someone to bite it, your gone. We all jab at each other now and then. SO? WTF?
    The best way to avoid confict with someone is sometimes just ignore them.
    I tried to put myself on my ignore list but it didn't work! :crazy: I don't get it :D
    Guess we all need to listen to some peoples bull now and then but it's better than not being able to say what we want, within reason.
    Please stay paul!

10. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I can't believe what has happened. I usually stay out of the lounge and have missed most of the disputes that may or may not contributed to the decisions that have already been made but Paul is a damn good guy.

Paul, I know you will read this, if not soon but probably eventually. I still remember your sweet little daughter on the computer with you clicking on all the grimlens. I completely understand why you would not want to continue to stay here after the decisions that took place but regardless, good things happen to good people in the end.....rock on you silly monkey. ;)

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

ttt

Toss in your 2 cents if you feel like it.

12. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

just let it go brother and have a beer with me:grin:

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

If Paul ever visits the site and reads this...

Remember when we got into it a year or two ago and you wanted to beat the living snot out of me? We were both getting high blood pressure for a while there, trading angry posts and PMs back and forth, I mean damn, it got ugly. But at some point after we had blown off some steam, I think we both came to understand each others perspective, why we said what we said etc... and eventually we became on-line buddies. Maybe the same thing can happen here, or if nothing else you and tim can learn to ignore each other. Don't let your CK5 adventure end over this. This community is a better place with you in it.

just something to think about amigo,

j

14. Resurrection_Joe

Did you not read my memo? CAN CAN IS BACK!

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

must have been momentarily illiterate.. missed it. lol!! good to know tho...

j

16. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Geez, Coloradok5 without Paul ......... nope, I just can't see it.

Hey Paul, it's Members like you that keep many of us coming back every day.
    You give and take crap from everybody and offer advice when you can .... isn't that what this place is for????

Hang in there, buddy .... don't let it get to you.

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Bizarre... I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but it's good to know Paul (maybe) is back. Steve may own the site, but I think Paul *is* clearly a significant element of the forums.

I know Timmay has a knack for being abrasive, but I've found him ok to deal with personally. I recall a big argument we had a lonnnnnng time ago about synthetic oil or something, but I think he's grown up a hair since then (:grin: Note I say *he's* grown up since then). In any event, he knows he's abrasive, he's even started threads of some odd form of apology for it...

And what's up with hatemail to Señor Fox?? From members??
    I just sent in a note about a text color being hard to read (which actually changes with my screen angle, so nevermind..kinda), hopefully that wasn't taken as a complaint since I was fairly vocal about disliking this new software... Meant more as a suggestion than criticism...
    I think I'd be pretty bummed if CK5 went away.

The new forum admittedly drove me away for a while, and there have been threads I've hit that dishearten me, but the addicting comradery of CK5 always brings me back (and boredom at work :rotfl: ). The good outwieghs the bad here I think.

A spar between Paul and Tim may very well drive both of them to take a break, but I'd hope they consider their contributions to the site as valued enough that they come back.

Here's what I perceive, right or wrong:
    Paul's a guy with a big heart, and he doesn't take any crap.
    Tim's a guy that's quite opinionated and occasionally likes to give out some crap. He's also a guy that is not always justly attacked, and I think a bandwagon/lynch mob occasionally forms against him. Whether he directly affected Canmore or whether he was painted to be worse than he is/was I cant really say, it would appear that there's some background and behind the scenes stuff going on here that just peeked out in the public part of the problem. I think I didn't pay enough attention to the public part of the problem, either.
    Trying to dance around taking sides...By my experience with both of them, I'd say Paul should not be leaving CK5, but would do better to avoid Tim. However, as a mod, that wasn't completely an option for Paul, since he more or less was responsible for police duties.
    Tim, quite obviously, should avoid Paul's threads. In regard to the Blackhawk thread, I respect Tim's service as I know of it, but I did think his comment was a little odd with what kowledge I have of his experience serving. But how is it anyone's place to critique that? The topic was showing the utmost respect and awe for our servicemen, Tim may have appeared a little glib, but it was insignificant in the bigger picture. I don't remember the details of it, but I think it would have been a safe comment to ignore, I didn't think it was necessary to respond to.
    Maybe it wasn't OK to ignore, I can't really say how Paul felt, I may have been a little irritated by it, too, if it were my thread (yeah, I know, it's not really "mine" I just mentally feel a wierd "ownership" and responsibility to threads I start).

I'm not going to knock Tim or Paul, I have no gripe with either, but I do personally consider Paul a good friend of mine and an obvious part of CK5. I know his exit was voluntary, but Paul, I think you should reconsider.

Anyway.

18. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

19. Resurrection_Joe

1. Can Can Is Back

Señor Fox? I was always trying to figure out how to draw him..... now I know the answer...... big sombrero