Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Letting a woman drive...?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Jul 10, 2005.

?

Would you let a female run a mud drag in your vehicle?

1. Yep, but she'd need to present me with beaver oil beforehand

26 vote(s)
    51.0%
  2. Yeah, if she's not crazy and she'll keep the truck together

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Hell no, think of PMS crossed with bogger induced testosterone and you'll know why

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I know what most of your responses are going to be, but I'm gonna ask anyways. A good friend of mine who happens to be female wants to drive my truck in a local fair's mud race, which my club is putting on, and I'll also be participating in. I'm in the 38" and up class so I'll probably get my ass handed to me, but there's only one powderpuff division, so she would probably do pretty well. She's a good driver and I was riding shotgun when we got into an oh-**** situation on the road and she responded better than I would have...so can she screw up driving down a mud pit in a straight line...? She told me that I've gotta ride shotty if I let her in case anything happens...so would you let a woman drive your truck in a mud drag?

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

If I can't hurt it, then I don't think any wimenz could hurt it either :rolleyes:

3. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

From what I've seen at the pits, the womaen are way more aggressive then the men on the machines. Probably because they don't put up the cabbage to run them. Plus most of them do not know what it takes to put them back together again.
    It takes beaver oil :D .

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

IMO this is more of a matter of friendship than her driving skill. Meaning, if something bad happens to your rig during her run (blown motor, major axle damage, you name it) will it be a problem for your friendship or yourself (cant afford to fix it etc). From what you're telling us, she can drive... so thats not much of an issue. Just make sure you and your friendship are gonna be 'ok' if something just happens to blow up during her run. If the answer to that is "yeah, I'll be ok".... then go for it. If not, don't give up the keys.

j

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Throw her the keys and you can take pictures of your truck in action. If it breaks the two of you can fix it together.

Could be a bonding experience. :wink1:

6. mikey_d05

Come this fall, we'll both be at school...about 12 hours apart. Her lack of mechanical knowledge kinda bothers me. If she breaks something big, I don't think she has any idea of how many hours it'll take me at work to make the money, and then actually do the labor. I'm kinda leaning against it, not because of her being female, but just because it's another foot to the floor run on this thing, and if something breaks, I'd rather have it be my fault. We'll see, a little beaver oil applied vigorously will do wonders to change a persons mind.

7. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Thats funny you ask that. Me and a bunch of friends were at a mud bog this weekend asking our selves the same question. The general census was, "whats the worst that happens?". Garunteed my girlfriend would only find the week link in my truck. If it broke, throw it on the trailer and go home.

8. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Maybe ask yourself this, Am i willing to enter my truck in the mud-bog and assume responsibility if something breaks. If your answer is yes then it really doesn't matter who is driving. If something breaks i'm sure it's not the fault of the person driving as much as it is a weak link in the rig that was bound to break no matter who was behind the wheel.

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

White Knight, doo deh deh dooo doo deh

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep. The only real downside is more pedal time in the bog, but that's what you built it for anyway. :D

11. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

i say go for it. i tought my ex how to drive off road..well i tought her the right way..her pervious boyfriend graduated from the school of "when in doubt, throttle out" :rolleyes: and the best way to go over really bumpy roads (loopty loos, is what we call them) is as fast as you can... :rolleyes: and he never let her drive...needless to say she was quite amazed after i tought her, just what her truck can do, and the places it can go, with a light foot on the gas..(her other ex, never heard of low gears and CRAWLING)she was also amazed that we always drove home..she hated wheeling before me, because they were always walking out and being towed home.. :haha:

since then she is a great driver..and we would wrestle over the keys to my blazer when ever we went out..i would usually drive us in, and let her bring it back out..and she was great..got a little scared and nervous a few times..but i calmly talked her through it, and she did just fine. and the look on her face..the "pirma grin" was worth it everytime..especially the time she drove my blazer in circles around her ex boyfriends truck that was sitting on the trail missing a front wheel,.. :haha: she loved that! especially the look on his face seeing HER DRIVE my blazer, and both of us laughing at him.

so i say, if she knows whats she is doing go for it..To this day i still let my ex drive the blazer, when ever her pooper furd mustang is broke down..and on top of all that..like stated in another thread..chicks driving big trucks are hot! :D

12. Madbomber88

Madbomber88 1/2 ton status

I know it's not the same situation, but last time I let a woman (my girlfriend)drive my K5, she totalled it a mile from my house. She came away without a scratch. She is now my ex girlfriend, never even offered to pay for any part of it...
    So I am biased.

13. google

google 1/2 ton status

Well, goes to show that most guys will do anything for.... :p: :eek1:

14. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Hell, even the HINT of beaver oil will change my mind. :doah:

15. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

When the day finally gets here when the Blazer is a truggy and semi-bulletproof, she will drive, I will spot. I like watching her wheel, and it is still MY truck. She's good to go. Any other women? No way, and even she isn't allowed to drive it around town.

16. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Hell yeah. My wife runs mine all the time. It's down for rebuild/overhaul right now, but as soon as it's back in action, she'll be running it then too! Oh yeah, and part of the overhaul is a 454 w/ nitrous :saweet:

17. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

why nitrous...? couldn't you use the money elsewhere?

18. mikey_d05

Yeah, but wheeling is all about fun :D

19. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

that may be because most ma$$hole drivers dont realize the different driving habits you might need to use to drive an old lifted truck over a car...i think everyone around here expects everything to handle just like a car...and why not?...there's a majority of new cars and suv's around here and they market suv's as handling just like cars too... which is why i'm am not sure about letting anyone outside of a friend who has driven lifted trucks drive it... :crazy:

20. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

wich is why i try to get my GF to drive my truck as ofter as possible, so if ever she has to,like in a emergency, she can do it well and not get me hurt more than i already am :D