Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Level lift?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by SuperUnknown, Feb 12, 2001.

1. SuperUnknown

SuperUnknown 1/2 ton status

I am going to get a 4" Tuff Country lift kit for my truck in the sping, when the smow melts, ad I have a few questions:
    1, My Jimmy(88) rides lower in the back, Will the lift fix this or will the back sill be the sam amount lower, if not do you have any suggestions to fix this? 2. How are the shocks that come with the T.C. lift kits? Any other info or suggestions about the lift or other recomended mods would be apreciated.

Aluminum running boards, rock sliders, same thing.

2. grumpy

grumpy 1/2 ton status

All other things being equal it should fix that but each lift is unique. I ended up with with rear sag using Tuff Country springs on my Suburban, but to be fair I know that my vehicle weighs a bit more in the rear than the PU or Blazer. Also I did an axle swap and Dana 60 I believe has a larger axle tube diameter than the 10 bolt it replaced and raised the front. Or I could be wrong and Tuff Country sells crappy springs but I ended up with 4 inchers in the front and 6 inchers in the rear. Going with National springs on my Blazer.
    Just my 2 cents worth of rambling,
    David

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Most of the time on a K5 you want to have about 1" more lift in the rear than the front. Given that it's easier to raise a truck than to lower it, I'd say do the 4" springs in the rear and use a short block or our 1" Zero Rate add-a-leaf to make up the difference. Or use our flip kit in the rear in place of the springs. We've seen blazers that also needed the 6" TCI springs in the rear, but most trucks seem happiest with about 5" rear, 4" front.
    Thanks

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

4. SuperUnknown

SuperUnknown 1/2 ton status

Thanks.

Aluminum running boards, rock sliders, same thing.