Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leveling a 2002 1500

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Anteak, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Anteak

Anteak 1/2 ton status

Is there an inexpensive way to bring the front end up about 2" to level it out to the rear?
    This is a 2002 1500 extend cab two wheel drive. The lift kits made by Fabtech are nice but too expensive and too high.
    Just wonder if anyone has changed out the springs to a 1 ton spring or something like that.

2. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

you might be able to find coil spring spacers. that should keep the cost relatively low.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I used rear shackles to lower the rear of mine, as I couldn't find an inexpencive way to lift the front to match. I think there is a front kit availuble now from Pro-comp. But don't keep me to that. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I don't much like the shackles, but they'll do till the lift goes on! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. Anteak

Anteak 1/2 ton status

Fuuny you should mention spring spacers. After I bought the truck I noticed that it listed to one side @ 3/4 to 1" low on the left side weather the fuel tank was full or empty. Reported it to GM. There "fix" was two spacers under the left front. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif They said they don't check for any defects or mis-matches, they just shim it. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif It's still off by @ 1/2", they say it's within their tolerance. If I want more they will shim under the rear spring pack. Like this will help any resale value for the truck.
    Thanks for the ideal.
    Any ideal how many spacers can be added before it's unsafe?

5. Anteak

Anteak 1/2 ton status

Thanks, but Pro-comp are a little out of me price range for now. Was trying for something simpler than replacing A-Arms.
    Thanks again.
    Keep the ideals coming. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

you're other option is to get new springs.

7. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Why not just get some Fabtech 3" coils? Or 3" spindles. Either one are pretty cheap and if it's an inch high in front after you can do a 1" zero rate add-a-leaf from off road design in the back.