Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Levelling Out

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Trailboss_jr, May 26, 2002.

1. Trailboss_jr

Trailboss_jr Registered Member

What would you recommend if I went with a shackle flip, front and rear zero rates, and at least a 4" spring with HD shackle in front to level my 77 out??? Looks like with 1" extra from shackle and 1 difference front to rear, I would need another 2" in the rear, sound right????

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

The ORD heavy duty front shackles will only raise the front 1/4".

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

With a 4" spring in front and the 4" flip in the rear, you'll probably want to just skip the front 0-rates and call it good. That will give you a theoretical 5" of lift in the rear with 4.25 in the front which has proven to work pretty well.

4. Trailboss_jr

Trailboss_jr Registered Member

Thanks Stephen, I was planning on going that way (5" in back and 4" in front) but your zero rates messed me all up and now I want to move the front forward an inch and the rear back an inch, which screws my plan (why do you come up with such things /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif). I kinda wanted to stay away from blocks to level out but looks like i'll have to use a 1" in the rear???

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

If your only goal is to move the front axle forward, there are thinner ways to do it, we can make it work with 3/8 or 1/2" lift only. The parts are not as versatile as the regular 1" zero rates but they work. That sounds like the best option for you.
    Or you could drill a new hole in your spring perch, that works well within the space limits.