Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Levi's Suck!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Nov 7, 2005.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i hope i didn't go off on this already.but after reading SLEDS dickie post,i have to.i've worn levis my whole life,i remember when they used to last for 3 years.faded but still there. now i only gey 3 to 4 months. :angry1: i just bought three pair and one pair of lee's.the lee's are still hanging in and 2 pair of levis are literally junk.my little experiment has concluded to me that the china made levis are never going to be puchased again by me. they can go outta bizz as far as i'm concerned. :mad:

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Anymore I just get my jeans at JCPenny's. I really like jeans made by "Arizona Jean Co".

3. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

...Carhartt.

4. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

since they quit making levis in the us and closed the last place that made them i think it was in SC they have went down hill fast.

5. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

How long ago was that? I still wear ones I got in the 8th grade...

6. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Oh, yes!

7. boggerless

do they hold up to out door activity?

8. boggerless

thats the only time my levis hold up is when they are covered with carrharts. made in detroit. :bow:

9. boggerless

:haha: :haha: :haha: thats funny.

10. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

Levis ( also Dockers - same company) are EXTREMELY anti-gun and contribute huge $$$ to http://www.paxusa.com/

Several gun owners and organzations have written to Levis, and they just don't care. Screw 'em

Haven't a pair in 10 years.

Been buying Pointer Brand lately (made in USA) www.pointerbrand.com

also will buy Carhartt - materials made in USA, but usually assembled elsewhere

11. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

yeah i worked, doing nothing but selling jeans, at a big 'ol western store in Tulsa (Drysdale's) for about a year, by God we have more jeans than most could imagine.. a good 20% of people who were "Levi Men" who came in for levi's always complained of how they have changed their cut and quality, but almost every jean has gotten light and flimsy.. with exception of probably Carhartt, and some styles of Cinch are tough, but you pay for them both and the Cinch are going down hill with all their 'vintage' styles..

12. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

i weat Old Navy brand, which from what i hear is just Gap.

i used to wear regular fit, but had to switch to baggy.

kept on splitting the crotch of the jeans getting up into the truck. :D

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I only wear Levi's, I had 1 pair of Gap that lasted two years, though.

All my Levi's wear out in the back pocket, or the crotch splits when I'm working outside in them. I have Levi's that look brand new, with a big tear up the crotch...

I had heard they were extremely pro-gay, anti-gun, and some other bad stuff, but I hadn't really looked into it. I really should, I would hate to think my earned cash is going to fund things I disagree with...

14. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Carhartt is the way to go imho, and khaki (dunno if they're khaki material or just in color, but I normally get them at places like Target or Khol's) cargo pants/shorts. Grease and dirt turns the khakis a nice color real quick, I've always found khaki more comfortable than denim. I use my carhartts (have two sets of pants and one coat) once it starts getting a little chilly out. Haven't had any real 'tough-tests' with the pants, but the carhartt coat I have has seen some abuse; it's been caught in a winch, used to tie up a broken driveshaft, and got in a fight with my engines fan. It's held up pretty good so far, all things considered.

15. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

They all rip....

I just buy the cheap 10 dollar ones at the "job lot" stores,that are usually some major brand with the labels torn off..but the name is printed in the buttons,so its not hard to tell who makes them..

I've gotten good wear out of cheap K-Mart jeans, "Rustler" brand..but no matter WHO makes them,or where they were made,they ALL rip if you snag them on a crumpled fender at the junkyard,or on a nail sticking out of something..so I buy 2 pairs or more of the cheaper ones,for the price of 1 "good" pair,which usually prove to be no better..

I also buy pants and shirts,and work jackets at a local "Wear Gaurd" factory nearby,or at flea markets from vendors who deal in them..they supply uniforms for many companies all over the USA..you can get insulated jackets for less than 10 bucks,same with the pants and shirts..they are made with some kind of tough cloth I'll tell you--it wears like canvas,but is light and strong..

I need to replace the ones I've been using for 10 years finally,and they have seen a lot of abuse at the junkyard,and working at home on my trucks..mostly the cutting torch and welding is what kills them the most,when slag burns thru them... :doah: :mad: :crazy:

16. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Wranglers , all I wear , everyday . I have some dress pairs ( western and biker bar kinds ) , and everything else from shorts to painter pants is by Wrangler . They have different styles now . Last a long time for me , I wear them until they fall apart , then I wear them to work on the truck in :D

17. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I quit buying them years ago. I've been buying Dicky's & Carharts or just cheap khakis when Koles has a closeout.

18. 73k10sub

73k10sub 1/2 ton status

Levis ( also Dockers - same company) are EXTREMELY anti-gun and contribute huge $$$

Both!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

They quit contributing $$$ to anything, both direct and indirect, that had to do with the Boy Scouts because of the Scouting position on gays. I quit buying anything of theirs 5-6 years ago.

19. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    one word...Jordache :haha:

20. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Only if you have a comb in your back pocket to feather your hair back with.