Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

life just started sucking

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bUrLyBlAzEr89, Jul 16, 2002.

1. bUrLyBlAzEr89

bUrLyBlAzEr89 Registered Member

today when i thought i click into park i actually didn thave it in park all the way and my blazer rolled down the drive way amd hit my dads work van but luckliy i just bent my bumper and no body but his vans left rear door was crunched sooo bad but yet his bumper was fine does anyone have a extra bumper i can have that will fit a 89 chevy thats still in good condition mines all rippled up it sucks. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

I bet you could find one if you put the request in the Wanted to Buy forum. I see a ton of bumpers for sale all the time!

Hope this helps! Shane /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

To preach a bit, thats one of the reasons they have e-brakes, (that work) and why they should be used all the time.

Living in a hilly area, this I've known all the time I've been driving.

4. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Feel for ya man /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif , I did the exact same thing in Wa. but mine rolled into the spare room of my neighbors house about 15 yrs ago /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif . It was hell for me, for a while my Ins. Co. didn't wanna pay but they finally did /forums/images/icons/mad.gif . My neighbor move after that I did get my E-Brake fix also! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. dduckblazer

dduckblazer Registered Member

Same thing with me. But mine rolled up hill. I must of had it in L. I know /forums/images/icons/confused.gif i shifted it to park. It was very late and I was tired. Shure woke the f** up when i hit the parked car in front of me "Up hill again" /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

6. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Another tip that you can use when you don't have good ebrakes is to put the truck in low range before putting it into park. This cuts the force on the parking pawl in half (or by whatever your low range ratio is). If you actually put it into 4WD, that also decreases the probability that a broken driveshaft or U-joint will let you start rolling.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

wanna hear something funny...when i was about 2-3, i was at my grandparents house..they live in the counrty on a long VERY STEEP stone driveway..well, my dads 64 impala is a stick..(4 speed)..i got in it playing around and i moved it into neutral HAHA...all of the sudden the car was either moving..or the driveway was sliding away from me..next thing i knew i was half was down the driveway...car had to be rolling like 10 mph..i was pulling on the door for dear life to bring that car back up the hill (yea..RIGHT)..my dad shot out of the house like a bullet and made it JUST in time to save it befor it bacame an accordian in the ditch at the bottom..started it up and drove back up!! haha..MANNN was i busted!! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Bryan