Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift..2 inch block rear with 2 inch shackle front

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by strukie66, Jun 11, 2003.

1. strukie66

strukie66 Registered Member

Hello i was wondering if i would have to get a different steering arm with a 2 inch shackle lift in the front. also i was wondering where i can buy a 2 inch rear block kit. for some reason i can't find them online. thank you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

You can't lift the front 2" with a shackle..well you could but the shackle would have to be 8 or 9 inches long and your pinion would be pointing almost down. You can get rear 2" blocks at places like auto zone but they are frowned upon for wheeling as they are known to crack and fall out /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif You can get a set of 1" zero rates for all around, they are like blocks but bolt to the spring pack and are solid so in theory much safer. If all you want is 2inches run a zero rate and extra leaf front and rear and you should be fine without getting too stiff.

Where in PA are ya from?

EDIT: oh and to answer your question no I do not believe a dropped steering arm is necessary with 2" lift

3. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

add a leafs will do 2 inches wont they?

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

probably I personally never used one. But I would imagine they would settle /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah they will but taking apart the spring packs can be a pain in the ass! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

I ran an add-a-leaf in the front (long type) and a 2" block in the rear of my 85 K5. No steering mods needed. On my K25 I replaced the front springs w/ 2" Tuff Country springs and an add-a-leaf in the rear. Still no steering mods. The 2" block for the K5 was from Rugged trail and came w/ new u-bolts.

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You can't lift the front 2" with a shackle..well you could but the shackle would have to be 8 or 9 inches long and your pinion would be pointing almost down. You can get rear 2" blocks at places like auto zone but they are frowned upon for wheeling as they are known to crack and fall out /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif You can get a set of 1" zero rates for all around, they are like blocks but bolt to the spring pack and are solid so in theory much safer. If all you want is 2inches run a zero rate and extra leaf front and rear and you should be fine without getting too stiff.

Where in PA are ya from?

EDIT: oh and to answer your question no I do not believe a dropped steering arm is necessary with 2" lift

[/ QUOTE ]

a 2 inch front shackle will give you 1 inch of lift. add a zero rate up front for 2 inches of lift up front. might want to get some from AZ kickn off road and have them made for a 3 or 4 degree shim as needed for the 2 inch longer front shackle.

no steering mods needed. when installed right, checked upon monthly if not more and not wheeled hard, rear blocks are fine. IF you have the money and want to do some work look into the ORD 2.5 inch shackle flip for the rear and a add a leaf up front or a 2.5 inch spring pack for the front.

your rear springs are proly shot as it is, so 3 inch blocks might not be bad to level it out if you like it that way.

FYI on the front shackle, every inch you add in length is .5 inch in height. but affects your castor angle and pinion angle.
    Grant

8. strukie66

strukie66 Registered Member

i am from smethport Pa near bradford but i am going to college at Alfred University in New York. Thanks for the help.