Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Advice

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hirider34, Oct 8, 2001.

1. hirider34

hirider34 Registered Member

Hey all. After much anticipation I got my first K5 ('71 307, SM465, 3.73's) I've heard several opinions...Can I run 35's with a 4" lift? I don't get the chance to wheel as much as I'd like, but I don't want to shred all my sheet metal the first time out. Any help would be great.

Why buy it if you can build it better?
    All Give Some. Some gave all. God bless the fallen Brothers in the FDNY.

2. flblazer

flblazer 1/2 ton status

i have a 4" with 33s an no rub an i put 35s on to so you be ok with it

can some 1 find me a ford i need to take a pee still peein on that ford just have to keep goin dam i can not stop pissin:) k5s kings

3. hirider34

hirider34 Registered Member

Hey, Sorry about the post. should have researched further. Going with 4" up front, 5.5" in rear, all spring. I'll try to fit both 33's, and 35's whichever is better will be the winner.

Why buy it if you can build it better?
    All Give Some. Some gave all. God bless the fallen Brothers in the FDNY.

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I think you will have to trim the fenders w/ 4" lift and 35". Heck mine rubbed w/ 33" and 4" lift. I would go w/ 35's and a little trimming because I think it looks better for the wheel well to be filled (33's just look too small w/ 4" of lift).

For 35's you would have to trim the front of the front and rear wheel openings.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I think the "classic" troublespot on the 1st Gen K5's is the front "fang".....the little pointy part of the sheetmetal which is down low in the front part of the front fenders. If your truck still has those....that will probably be the first thing that hits. It can be removed pretty easily, and cleanly and most people would never know the difference to look at it.

I am not sure what hits next after that....my '72 has a 4" spring lift and a 2" body lift with 35"s and it seems like more clearance than I'll ever need to avoid rubbing. It seems like 4" lift and 35's should be fine as long as you are willing to do some minor trimming here and there.

-Greg72