Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Advice

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RatMan, Aug 12, 2002.

1. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

I am lookin to buy a 6 inch lift kit and was looking for some advice. I've heard good things about the BDS and Tough Country lifts but I want to know What y'all think. Cheaper is better, but i don't want to sacrifice quality in order to save a few bucks. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

roughcountry is cheap and a good brand. i bought a 4" lift,all springs, steering arm, brake thingy's, shocks, steering stab. everything for $555. u really cant beat that. a 6" is like $200 more

NITRO

3. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I run a 6" Superlift and love it. Not sure about tuff country though. I've heard about uneven spring wear or whatever it's refered as.

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

don't get pro comp /forums/images/icons/mad.gif i have 4" pro craps and they are way too stiff. i'm gonna get some softer ones soon. like superlift, skyjacker ot tuff country.

5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

My Skyjacker 4" is all I've had, and I'm really happy with them. But have heard "Tuff" country is the $hit and supposedly so is BDS. Good luck!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

I have tuff country 2" add a leafs, I don't know if they make their lifts about the same but they are awesome so far. I actaully got about 3 inches out of them. But they are only a week old so they haven't settle or broken in yet. They ride really nice though,better than before.