Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift advice

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86 4door, Nov 28, 2002.

1. 86 4door

86 4door Registered Member

a little info, 86 k30 crewcab,6.2 diesel,465-4spd, 205 transfer/dana60front,14 bolt-back.superlift 5.5" heavydutysprings-front. 4"blocks in back. 3"body lift. just got a great deal on 16.5-15.5 38" superswamper tsl radials mounted on weld racing supersingle 16.5-12" wheels tires are 80% or better.the tires hit the front fenders on hard turns i need about 2" more clearance. i dont want to cut the fenders if i dont have to,truck is in excellant condition with 58,000 org. miles. all the modifications i do, i want to be able to return to stock form incase i ever decide to sell it. my problem is does anybody make a shackle lift for the front, and if they do is it safe mod. i would cut the front fenders, but i just bought a set of xenon fender flares.how much do you have to cut out for the bushwacker cut out flares if i go that way? is there any way to use cut outs on front and try to match the flares on the back without cutting the bed.the lift i have now only has about 1,500 miles on it , so i dont want to have to buy new springs.i know i am sure whining alot, but for over a year i have been driving with 6" sup lift and stock 16.5 tires. now with 38" and body lift doesen't look silly anymore. lets hear some ideas! thanks in advance, steve p.s. were do i fill in profile at?

2. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I woulg definitly go with a shackel flip in the back, and maybe some 2" blocks if you need. Then go with 2" longer front shackels, and then custom make a front leaf forward spring mount. Something that will bolt into the existing mount and a few other places on the frame. I have been thinking about making one. It doesn't look too hard, and a fabrication shop should be able to help with ideas and make one if you are not able too. It shouldn't be too hard though. Just a little brain work. PM me if you need some help. When I find time I will do it to my fron and post the mount. Maybe you will beat me to it. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

ORD "Zero rate" add a leafs will increase your lift by 1". I know they're safe to use up front aswell as in the rear.

4. 86 4door

86 4door Registered Member

can u buy longer front shackles,or do they have to be fabrecated? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

ORD has longer front shakles but only by an 1/2" they're also heavy duty... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Check out the Hill shackle review here, too. There's are longer, don't remember by how much.

7. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Warrior Produncts has 1.5" lift shackles. But that would be a last resort. I have them and dont really care for them.