Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift advice

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hank75, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Hank75

Hank75 Registered Member

i have a 75 blazer currently with a 4 inch rancho lift blocks in rear, i just bought 36x12.5 tsl radials. My question is what are a couple of options to make these tires fit? ord flip, straight suspension lift or will they fit with some trimming. cant wait to get them on
    /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifthanks

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Trimming fenders or a body lift...

3. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

you mentioned blocks in the rear (eck)...what do you have in the front? You can do a homemade shackle flip in the rear for 4" lift and ditch the blocks...add in a 1" zero rate for 5" and trim the fenders a bit. I got a set of 4" superlifts from a friend for my front and a 3/4" zero rate, then did a homemade shackle flip in the rear using the front spring mounts from a 2wd truck and a 1" zero rate. I can fit in 35s without rubbing but it is close. I will be trimming the fenders when I put em back on (long story).

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

best option: shackle flip in the rear (to get rid of those blocks)... and trim the fenders to fit the new meats.

j