Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift and drive shaft ???

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 71blaz, Mar 27, 2003.

1. 71blaz

71blaz Registered Member

I just finished installing a tuff country soft ride 2" full lift. This included 2" front springs 4" rear springs, full greasable bushings and front shackels from ord.I took measurements before and after and I netted 3.5" of lift in the front and 4" in the back ,so it still saged in the rear /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif so I got some zero rated and that fixed the problem. The stance is now great.So here is the problem the rear drive shaft in now 1" short at full extension, So really it's about 4.5" to short.The rear springs are not symetrical ~1" different from eye to pin.I put the 1" to the rear to center the tire and intalled the zero rates with no offset.So anyone else have this and suggestions on the drive line?have a new one made, get the existing one made longer ????? and is this common ?

2. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

hmmm, I can't hlep you, but out of curiosity.. what are zero rates?

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    hmmm, I can't hlep you, but out of curiosity.. what are zero rates?

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

if you check out www.offroaddesign.com (most people simply call them ORD) you can read up on Zero rates. Much better than blocks IMO. Essentially they are a zero-rate spring that bolts to your leaf pack and gives an easy/quick 1" of lift. Since they bolt to the spring pack they can be safely used both in front and rear.

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

sweet. thank you for teaching me something new. Im good with engines, but the suspension end of things I am not educated on.