Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift and driveline angles?????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BamBamblazer, Oct 3, 2002.

1. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

Ok i know there are a lot of different factors to this( condition of parts etc.) But how much susp. lift can i get on a k5 before i start getting into driveline problems? I want to go as high as i can without breaking u joints everyother day. At this point i dont really want to get into the cutting of the rearends to reangle the hog-heads and all that , as this is a daily driver for me. I would really like to do 8" susp., and 3" body with 40's but i dont want drive line probs. Any and all input will be appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

You should be safe with a 2-3" of suspension lift and no driveline problems. Anything more than this and you are most likely going to have to make changes to the drivetrain.

With 8" of susp lift you can expect to do MAJOR modifications to the drivetrain to eliminate vibrations and correct for steering. You will also need extended brakelines.

3. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

I know i will need to do the steering and the brakelines and all that , i guess what im askin is with 8" am i gunna break u-joints all the time? If so what about 6"?

4. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

With 40's, heck you might start looking at rockwells, keep your ujoint angles the same.

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

all it takes is money to cut n turn a dif and angles can be fair for 10-12" springs.

6. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

i just put 8" lift on. shackle flip and blocks. i havent been able to correct driveshaft vib with standard shaft so i just ordered a 1 ton cv shaft. should be here next week. ill let you know how it works. it was $365