Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift and Shocks and Pitman Arm

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dawson444, Jun 2, 2001.

1. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I want to ditch my 4" lift and go to 6" to clean 36" tires. Will I be ok running my 9000s for a 4" lift at first the when I get the money get the 9012s and new mounts? I won't wheel it hard w/ the 4" shocks if t al, but will I be ok w/ just street driving or you think this is a REALLY bad idea?
    Also will I be ok w/ a 6" lift up front w/ just my 4" steering arm at first? I will go back soon and add a 2" dropped pitman arm, but will I be ok at first?

Any one interested in buying a 4" lift (rear blocks, TC front springs), Rancho 9000s for 4" lift, and 33x12.5 BFG muds on 15x10 American Racing Bajas? Thanks!

Dawson
    Raleigh, NC

88 K5, 4" lift, 33" BFG muds

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Useing shocks from a 4" lift on a 6" lift
    - I think youd be o.k. with that. When you rack a truck by the frame rails, the axle hangs from the shocks without a problem, so they are strong enuff if they do happen to top out while your driveing around. wtch I think wold be unlikely anyway. As a matter of fact, I'd probably replace them, only if a problem does arise. The shocks would probably fit O.K. too, and you might have a coupe of inches worth of down travel, but not much more (I'm kinda gussing on the last part, I would have to see a set of each side by side to know for sure)

I think the drag link would be O.K. too, well within the designd opperating angles of the tie-rod ends, so it would not damage anything. But the bump steer will probably be a bit anoying, I think the 2" dopped pitman arm would be the next order of busness.

9012 replacement shocks would defenetly need the upper mounts reloacated

I haven't done this personaly, just my thoughts on it. I hope it helps

Twiztid

3. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

How long have they been on? Will you sell just the front springs and the shocks? How much?

The Few, The Proud, The K5 Blazer