Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift and tire help needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by offroadbilly, Apr 14, 2006.

1. offroadbilly

offroadbilly Newbie

I just got a 1985 GMC full size Jimmy and it has 33" tires on it with no lift. the door sticker states it had some metric size tire that calculates out to a 32" tire from the factory also that it had 16" rims. my concern is(correct me if I'm wrong) most blazer/jimmy's had 30" tires from the factory and mine had 32" mine must sit higher from the factory. so if I put a 4" lift for a normal K5 will my jimmy only go like 2"? I just want 35" tires on it. I don't want to buy 4" lift springs if I can just use 2" lift shackles and get the same result! from what I see a 4" lift allows u to fit 33" tires and I already fit them. my tires don't rub whatsoever and there is no sign of any suspension lift or body lift. I'm stumped on this one

2. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

you have a stock jimmy. just buy a standard 4 inch lift. and BTW, you cant use a lift shackle because chev's have a tension shackle. do a shackle flip in the rear and get some TC ez rides for the front and call it good.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

16" 6 lug rims stock on an '85 K5?

Do you have a picture of the sticker?

Checked the brochure page but its not clear enough to read. Never heard of 32" tires and 16" wheels on a K5.