Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift and tire question need help

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by offroadbilly, Apr 11, 2006.

1. offroadbilly

offroadbilly Newbie

i just bought a 1985 full size jimmy. according to the door it had 32" tires from the factory with 16" rims. i got it with 33's on it now. my question is what do i have to do to fit 35's? from what ive been reading (correct me if im wrong) must blazer/jimmy's had about 30" tires from the factory. my concern is if this jimmy can fit bigger tires from the factory then it must come from the factory taller then most, basicly what im saying is, i dont want to buy a 4" lift kit if its only gona make my jimmy 2" taller since its already 2" taller than the regular k5. the 33's dont rub at all and there is no sign of any lift whatsoever

2. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

then you will most likely need to lift it or start:hack::grind:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Some 33's are not 33" tall. Some trucks will run them without problem and no lift. I have never heard of one coming from the factory with a lift. Dealers put them, on sometimes. A 4" lift with some trimming will let you fit 35's.

Ask this in the Garage and you will get more responses.

4. redbeast77

redbeast77 Registered Member

Yea, The Procomps for example - from what I saw or the order specs their "33's" are just about the same size as their "31's" - weird! I'm not sure why it's advertised as a '33' then. :confused:

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status