Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift block add a Leaf combo

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KapeKodK5, Mar 11, 2000.

1. KapeKodK5

KapeKodK5 Registered Member

I just installed a lift kit in my 90 blazer. a 4 inch Superlift to be exact. It uses blocks in the back which I postioned correctly so the axle is pitched upwards. I also installed some 1- 1/2" hellwig add a leafs to help level out the rear. Now the rear axle seems to sit a little farther back in the wheel well and looks funny from a distance. Now there is more space in front of the wheel well as opposed to be centered in the opening. Any Ideas on why this happened or how to correct it is appreciated. I am pretty ticked. I might just go out and buy a new set of 4" rear springs.

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    are you sure you got the blocks centered on the alignment dowel? Other than that, i dunno.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Lift blocks won't do that..sounds like someone put the springs in backwards...lol. Actually i allmost made this same mistake myself last year...brandy new Superlift springs come with a big sticker to tell you which end goes forward...aparantly our canadian brothers who build these springs have an altered sense of reality as when you install the springs per there sticker they are actually backwards...which of course puts the rear axle farther back in the wheel well....it is possable that when you removed the springs and took them apart to add the leaf you simply installed them backwards. Hope this helps you out.

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban