Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift blocks w/ angle correction

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rcamacho, Jul 6, 2005.

1. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

I'm running 4" blocks in my rear suspension now *juk I know*. I need to correct pinion angle 6 degrees up but most shims of this size require bolting directly to the spring pack which will not work with blocks.

So, I'm on a budget. I'm looking at having a local machinist mill the blocks for a 6 degree correction and drilling the pad nub of the block for a bolt. ~$60.

Q: Anyone know who might make lift blocks with a correction already built in for a reasonable price?

2. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

i just got shimms for mine at ORW and they had a set of 6*for $18 on the floor. dang sorry, just reread the block part:( nvrmnd im an idiot

3. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

I've had 3" Superlift Blocks and 4" Rancho blocks in the past, both with pinion correction built in. Like a shim.

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

As already stated you can buy blocks with the correction built in. Other options would be to cut/re-weld your spring perches for the correct angle or do a shackle flip and throw away the blocks, and enjoy the other benefits a shackle flip has to offer.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i would second the flip for 2 reasons . 1 much smother ride and no blocks.

6. gmcjimmy90

gmcjimmy90 Registered Member

not to get off the subject but how much lift do you get out of a flip and what is involved.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

thay offer 2.5 lift and 4" lift. easy swap. just pop off 6 rivits and 1 shackle bolt and looses 1 spring eye bolt and then bolt on new hangers and re bolt shackle up and also spring eye bolt. www.offroaddesign.com is one place and there is others here in the vender section. good luck.