Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift blocks... yay or nay?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SS66, Sep 2, 2006.

1. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

I know axle/spring pacl lift blocks are generally frowned upon but Im looking to get cheap clearance for my grocery getter. A body lift is out of the question due to it barely having a body left..

I have my eyes on these
    http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...2001074/N-111+1988+20000122+600009232/c-10614

With 3 inch blocks I shouldnt need to do any other mods to make these work right? MAYBE Brake hoses?

Also, can they be used on the front as well since its also a solid axle? ( 88 Blazer 4x4 )

Are there any other cheap methods out there? I know shackle flips arent too expensive...

Thanks

2. Slapperbar

Slapperbar Retired Navy NDT Examiner Premium Member

NEVER on the front. Ever.

3. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I bought the TC front springs and rear blocks. I don't really "wheel" my truck though. A little mud when hunting is about it. Blocks work fine for me. I didn't have to change any brake lines but I did have to buy a new driveshaft w/ a CV joint b/c of vibration. Drives perfectly now.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

no front ever.

dont use the cheepy junk blocks like autozone and those sell.

and if the body is ready to fall off as you put it. why drive it on the road at all . for safty reasons thats not good.