Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LIFT BLOCKS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wtay151, Apr 19, 2000.

1. wtay151

wtay151 Registered Member

I am planning on getting a 2 or 3 inch soon and am wonderinf if i go with the tuff country lift kits weather or not to get the blocks in the rear or to pay a good amount of money and get new rear springs?? which one rides better and wht do most of yall have? thanks

Taylor w

2. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

I had 4" blocks on mine before i did the shackle flip.When i pulled them off, both locating holes for the springs on top where broke out.They might have been cheap blocks but it's kind of scary too me.Don't think 2" blocks would be too bad though.Can see where your coming from on the price of rear springs.Personaly i won't use blocks again if i can help it.

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

You might think about going with a 2-1/2" shackle flip from offroaddesign.com that way you could keep your stock springs. I will be doing a 4" shackle flip this fall when I redo my suspension.

Steve

4. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Didn't know they made a 2" version.I have the 4" and was worth every penny.It would be cheaper then new springs.If you get there flip get there greasalble bolts too.They make a world of difference.

5. KP3100

KP3100 Registered Member

Use the rough country 2 inch lift kit w/ blocks and shocks I've got one and it rides a little softer. The more leafs you add in the back the stiffer the ride.

1990 and bad ass!!1