Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Blocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lugnut, Feb 3, 2005.

1. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

I stoped today to look at a mid 80s Suburban that was for sale. Looked to be a pretty nice rig driving by so I turned around for a better look. It had good paint , glass ,etc 35 x 12.50 MTs , alum wheels. They had $4500 on the sign I looked under it to check things out and it had 4 in blocks ALL the way around. I thought what a dumb ass and left. The more I think about it the madder I get someone who doesnt know any better will buy that POS and maybe get hurt or killed when it spits a block out of the front. Why do people do that crap? A lift for an old Chevy is not that much $$$. If your in the Haw River N.C. area and meet a lifted blue mid 80s sub on the trail or street move over.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd call the state cops and let them go take a look at it.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I agree. Thats stupid and dangerous. Its also the way that trucks like ours get a bad name. I can just see the headline now when the block pops out and the trck runs over a honda full of nuns and school children.