Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift blocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Sep 18, 2001.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I want to raise the rear of my truck up about 1.5" to amke it sit a little more level. I've been to AutoZone and a few other places, and all I can find are aluminum lift blocks. I think I"ve heard on here its a bad idea to sue them, and they can break. Is that true? If it is, any ideas where I can get some cast iron ones? Thanks

90K5

2. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i've used the aluminum ones from advanced auto parts and i cracked two sets of them....carparts.com has the steel ones

high

3. chevrules

chevrules 1/2 ton status

The aluminum blocks are a bad idea.Superlift offers cast iron blocks in that size,the part number is 015-2.

chevrules...always has and always will

4. Blazr77400

Blazr77400 1/2 ton status

There Reputation isnt the Best, but i got a 2" Block kit from 4 wheel Parts Wholesalers. It came with the block, Ubolts, and nuts. I just called them and ordered it, and didnt have a problem.

4 wheeling is like sex, when its good, its really, really good, when its bad its still pretty good.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm goiugn to go over to 4WP tomorrow, and buy a block kit. As long as I don't have to order it, how can thye screw it up? All I have to do is go get it off the shelf, walk over a pay for it. Maybe if they don't touch it it will be allright...

90K5