Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift brake line extensions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nofeartruckin00, Mar 28, 2002.

1. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

I ordered a RC 4" lift, and im a little confused after i went back and looked at the order. The kit says it comes with "Brake line extension brackets for both front and rear". What are these? Are they the extended brake lines? If not, what company sells them? Thanks in advance!

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

not sure about the brackets but if you order longer lines i would suggest lines at least 8"s longer. I have a 4" lift and 6" extended lines and almost pulled one out flexing the truck in a ditch. im going to have to go to 12" longer. its better to buy to much the first time than the second /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. nofeartruckin00

What do you do with the extra line, just coil it out of the way, or does it just hang out of the way by itself? Where did ya get them from? Thanks for the help.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

My extended lines are attached to the front shocks to keep them out of the way. The brackets that come with your kit, are probably not extended lines, just drop brackets. I have heard that the brackets aren't worth a crap, and I would just get extended lines. Like mentioned above, make sure they are at least 6" or better yet the 11". If you plan to wheel it, and do full droop and full stuff (especially with the swaybar off), The longer the better. I would say 11". So far my 6" lines have worked for me, but I only have 2.5" of lift (no swaybar).

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

The brackets for the front bolt up on the bottom of the frame..Stock come threw the center..All you have to do is move the brake line down to it on the inside of the frame...The back is just a extension up from the axle....Dan

6. nofeartruckin00

Thanks for the help! looks like I'll run those goofy brackets until payday.