Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift companies

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LikeMumms, Apr 19, 2005.

1. LikeMumms

LikeMumms Newbie

First off, this site is awesome and I have been getting a lot of good information about my 73' blazer and some great ideas about what I want to do with it.
    I really want to put about a 6" lift on my blazer, all suspension and no blocks in the back. I'm really interested in off road design's 2 1/2" rear shackle conversion kit but didn't know if any suspension companies would put together a lift kit that had 4" rear springs and 6" front springs so that the total lift would come out just right. Do ya'll know if anybody, like skyjacker, BDS, superlift, tough country, etc... are good about making adjustments to current systems at a good price. Also, I'm thinking about running 37 x 14 x 15 inch IROK tires. Do they sound like a good size, with the proper trimming, gear changing, etc. Im running a 454 as it is. Thanks a lot. Hope to get soem pictures up when I can.

2. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

you should be able to order everything you need from ORD, they will point you in the right direction. they sell tough country, or custom springs too. and they give CK5 members a discount. I have bought alot from them, happy with everything.

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

well, u can jus order the springs and then get the shocks and other stuff separate. get bds springs, my friend has 6" ones, actually came out to about 71/2-8" lift, and they ride excellent. you could order 6" in front and the 4" in rear.

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I really really like my BDS springs. I think the main difference between BDS springs and Tuff Country springs (the majority of people on here run either tuff country or bds because of the ride and flex), is that BDS offers a no questions asked lifetime guarantee. That was pretty much my deciding factor. Anyways, I called all of the 4wd shops around me to find the best price on springs. From there, you order by the spring pack. So you can get 2 4" packs and 2 6" packs. Tehn just order your shocks separately. No big deal.
    -Harrison

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Generally what we try to do in a case like yours is start with a TCI "kit" but mix and match the springs to what you need so you end up with the kit price but the right springs. Doing this basically gets you some of the parts for free since the "kit" price is generally lower than the sum of the parts.

TCI has a lifetime warranty also.