Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Complete

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Shorts, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

it is done! everything is on the truck. i just need to grease the stupidly-angled zerks on the new ball joints and new ujoints, weld on the support piece on the rear spring hanger...then VVVVVVRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!! yeeehaw! man, i'm excited, relieved, proud, thankful....i'd like to thank the academy...

anyway, i had to grind the outside corners of the calipers because they rubbed the inside rim of my wheels...not cool, but it was fixed quick

anyway, here are some fuzzy pics of start to finish...i know its a lot, but, humor me /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

It looks great! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Was the install pretty simple or was it a pain in the bum?

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Nice! How much lift did you put on?

4. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

thankx yall /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

i put on a 6" Tuff Country lift w/ 15x8s and 33x12.5 BFG ATkos. i have to run 342s, so if anyone can donate some 410s or 456s to "turn the wheels" fund, please, send them /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

the install i'm clocking around 18 hours /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif i had to change all the ball joints, ujoints, sway bar bushings, a cv joint, brake lines, and the front diff vent hose, as well as the lift brackets, and mounting the tires on the wheels.

it was a HUGE undertaking /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif mainly because there are so many pieces to move on the truck...like, you can't take off ___ until to remove ___, but you can't do that until you ____....etc etc. IFS - sheeesh! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif if we were just installing the straight lift, with no extra repairs like i had to do, then it would have been easier. i had to run to the parts store several times to get the correct ujoints and pick up my cv joint.

if you have specific questions and such, feel free to ask. i feel like an old pro now /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. hoppy

hoppy Registered Member

what year is that truck? i have a 94' fullsize blazer i want to start working on....will that kit work for this truck. its a 1500 silverado. really just a pickup with the solid cap, id think it would. any serious tools needed for this job? and aprrox cost of kit?

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Thats bad ass. Not many people who can do something like that. Good job.

7. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

its a '94. you need an impact wrench, air ratchet, grinder, jackstands, floor jack, large C clamps, metric and standard sockets and wrenches, blocks of wood, hammers, liqiud wrench/wd40, .....a torch and welder are nice to have around too /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

when you get done, you'll need exhaust work and an alignment.